29

I walked over to him as he was surrounded by some older men. "Jackson Gray?" I asked.

He looked up at me with his bright green eyes. "Yes? Do I know you miss?" he asked politely.

I smiled. "Well I hope you would remember the girl who found you and Amelia in your daddy's Lamborghini." I chuckle.

He stared at me for a second before recognition shined in his eyes. "Sydney?"

I nodded with a smile. "In the flesh."

"Oh my god." He waved the men away. I jumped into his arms and he spun me around in a hug. "Sydney I can't believe you're here." he set me back down on my feet. "How are you here? Is he-"

I cut him off. "No god no. He's still in prison."

"Then how are you here? Not that I'm not thrilled you are," he said holding my hands in his.

"I'm here with the Kings."

He looked at me confused. "Why are you here with them? I mean don't get me wrong I'm glad I get to see you here but I thought you would get out of this kind of scene."

"Believe me I wouldn't be here if I had a choice. Jason bought me from my foster parents," I said annoyed.

"That ass," he growled. "Don't worry Amelia and I will get you out."

I smiled. "Is Amelia here? I can't believe she married you. I remember the time when she could barely stand you." I laughed.

He smiled at the memories. "Yeah well, I love her and as much as she didn't want to admit it she loved me too." I smiled.

"Jackson?" called a feminine voice. I turned and saw a girl with long blonde hair like mine and silver gray eyes wearing a long shimmery black dress. "Who's this?" she asked.

"Don't remember me, Meels?" I asked.

She stared at me. "Only one person has ever called me that." she stared at me again. "Sydney?"

I smiled at her stepping away from Jackson. "Hey, Meels."

She brought her hands up to cover her face as she started to cry tears of joy. "Sydney!" she shouted. She ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug which I happily returned. She started lightly crying and we fell to the floor still in each other's arms. "Sydney." she released me a bit and just smiled at me. "Thank god you're alive." she kissed my forehead and laughed which cause me to lightly laugh with her. We stood up again and she wiped her tears. She took my hands in hers. "Oh as happy I am to see you, I was always praying I would never see you again."

I tilted my head confused. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

She touched my face softly. "Because I knew if I never saw you again it would mean you weren't caught up in all of this." she pointed around the room. "And I knew you would be safe. Now how are you here? You aren't here with-"

Jackson cut her off answering her question. "No she's with the Kings, he's still locked up."

"Well gracias a Dios for that (thank god )," she said. "But why the hell are you with the Kings?" she asked.

"Jason King bought me from my foster parents," I replied.

"That culo! (ass)" she cursed. I chuckled.

"Speaking of the devil. Here he comes," said Jackson tilting his head towards an advancing angry Jason.

"Get away from her, Jackson. Sydney come here," he ordered as he held out his hand.

"Jason i-"I started but I was cut off by Amelia stepping in front of me protectively.

"Jason King, it's a... honor to have you here," said Jackson.

"Give her to me Jackson, or this won't be much of a peace party anymore," growled Jason. By now we already had people surrounding us from other gangs. Sean and Chris had made their way next to Jason with Sam and Madi behind them.

"Now now calm down King. Sydney here tells me you bought her, is this correct?" he asked. Where is he going with this?

He glared at him. "Yes, now give her to me."

"Well if that's the case, I'll pay double whatever you paid for her. Triple if I have to." I looked at Jason with hope in my eyes, hope he will.

"She's not for sale," he growled. "Now either you give her to me or I'll take her from you."

I stepped out from behind Amelia and walked in between them. "Jason please,"I whispered.

He grabbed my arm tight. "How many times do I have to tell you that you are mine," he growled low at me.

I pulled my arm from his grip and glared at him. "I'm not yours. Never have been and I never will," I growled.

I could practically see the steam coming from his ears as he brought his hand up and slapped me across the face, causing me to fall to the ground. I touched my cheek and looked up at him shocked and with fear in my eyes. He must have seen that fear because his face filled up with guilt and he tried to step over to me. "Shit princess i-"

He was cut off by Jackson and Amelia pointing guns at Jason followed by members of the vipers doing same and Sean and Chris pointing theirs at them. "Step away from her or you'll have a bullet through your skull," growled Amelia. Jason back away as Amelia helped me up. I grabbed Jackson free hand while still holding Amelia's.

"I think it's time for you guys to leave," said Jackson.

"I'm not leaving without her." he glared at Jason. He turned to me and his face softened. "Sydney I'm sorry. Please come with me," he asked calmly. I shook my head no. He sighed. "Sydney if you don't come now... I won't be able to keep my promise."

Connor...I opened my mouth in shock. "You wouldn't. You can't."

"I will." was all he said as he extended his arm.

"Fine," I said gritting my teeth.

"Sydney no," said Jackson.

"Let me stay the night." I began.

"No." Jason cut me off.

"Let me stay the night and in the morning I will come back with you and... I won't complain or try to leave... I'll be yours." I said reluctantly.

he gritted his teeth "Alright, one night," he said. He turned to Madi and whispered something to her, she nodded and walked to the front door.