Within half an hour we were all in the car.
Tony had insisted on accompanying us to support Penny. Whatever was going on was obviously troubling Julius, although he didn't want to admit it. He barely looked at me the whole two hour drive.

I'd read a little bit about the Council of Elders on one of my many trips to the library. They were a collection of some of the oldest supernaturals on earth. Vampire, Werewolf even fairies and angels.

The thought of seeing all these beings in real life on a normal day would have excited me but at that moment all I felt was fear.

We parked in front of a big house, that very much resembled a small cathedral. The architecture was magnificent, with marble columns and big stone arches. The outside was painted all white, emphasising the beauty of the whole structure. I couldn't help but stare in awe at the place!

We were met at the door by a short well dressed man. "Yes how may I help you?"
"We're here to see the Elders. The matter is urgent." The small man nodded and lead us through the building. The place was just as big on the inside, with several staircases leading to different wings of the house.

We were lead to a huge set of double doors. Our tour guide scurried off before we could thank him.

The initial shock had worn off and worry found its way back to its original place in my stomach. I jumped when Julius knocked on the doors. Luckily he caught me before I could completely fall over.

"Enter!" Came from inside the room. I took a deep breath and followed my mate inside. Unlike the rest of the house, this room was very modern. It resembled a conference room in an office with a big circular oak table in the middle and chairs surrounding it.

Sat around it were people I guessed were the Elders although barely any of them looked "elderly". The man in the middle, who very much resembled Merlin stood up and greeted us.

"Ahh Alpha Stone so good to see you. And I see you have brought company. What brings you, the Gamma and your mates here?"

"Well Asher, I'm actually here for my mate and her sister. They've been experiencing weird symptoms and we were wondering if you could help us."

"Of course now if the two ladies could take a step forward." Asher said.

I loosened my grip on Julius' hand and took a step forward along with Penny.

"Now Luna, can you explain what exactly happened to you." The woman on the right of Asher spoke. She was absolutely stunning with long blonde hair and mesmerising grey eyes.

I explained the parts I could remember and Penny also gave her side of the story. Once we had finished the Elders looked at one another confused.

"Wait a second. Alpha Julius. When you observed your mate that evening, did she show any physical changes?"

"Yes. Both girls briefly seemed to give off a strange hue. Almost as if they were glowing"
I thought back to the moment before I passed out. Someone in the room had said something about glowing but at that moment I had thought nothing of it.

The Elders all seemed surprised by this new bit of information. Quietly they whispered amongst themselves as we stood awkwardly waiting for them to come to a decision.

"Well my dear I think we may know what's wrong with you. But to be sure we must call Rogelío. This business is his area of expertise."

The pretty lady stood up from her seat and disappeared behind a door. She emerged moments later with another man in tow.

"This is Rogelío. The council's bookworm." My mouth hung open in shock as I studied the man's face.

"Pennique? Estre?" His thick Spanish accent came though making me weak at the knees.