#TeamClassic Pt. I - @IoannaKoliofoti's "Suzi Q"

Suzi Q

by loannaKoliofoti

Susie was driving singing along with the radio.

"I love you, Susie Q. I like the way you talk, Susie Q."

She was dancing; barely taking any notice at the road which was usually empty at 04:00 a.m. Susie was on her way to the zoo to feed the animals. She was making a living with hardly any human interaction involved and that was pure, shameless, unapologetic happiness. She was in heaven where angels had red hair, wicked blue eyes and dissonant voices.

"Well, say that you'll be true and never leave me blue, Susie Q".

She was singing her heart out when she hit something with her car. "Oh shit!" she though while changing the gear into reverse. Someone was standing in front of her car. He could see him thanks to car lights. She wasn't singing any more but the music from the radio kept playing:

"Well, say that you'll be mine, baby all the time, Susie Q".

Someone hit her door trying to break it. She turned her head towards him.

"I like the way you walk. I like the way you talk."

She was under attack. She changed the gear once more; she stepped on the accelerator's pedal and stepped on the one who was trying to get on her car. She started drifting till the other one fell off the door.

"Oh Susie Q, baby I love you, Susie Q".

She used the reversed gear once more to run over rotten fleshes that insisted on moving despite the hits. She stopped the car for a few seconds. She saw more coming after her like sharks which could smell fresh blood from miles away. She changed the gear, stepped on the accelerator pedal once more, wore her sunglasses despite the darkness and roared as she speeded up on the road.

Suzie Q wasn't the one who would go down without a fight.

Suzie headed to the Zoo. She was the first to go there daily so she had keys for almost every lock. For the ones she didn't had her own keys, she knew where to find them. She tried to recall where all the guns were kept. Visitors enjoyed their time wandering around the big cages, especially the kids who thought of the lions as cute toys from Lion King which didn't need batteries or charging to play with them. The cages weren't built to keep the beasts inside but to keep them locked outside for their own safety. Nevertheless they hardly followed the rules so most of the guards had to curry tranquillizer guns. At least that was the story that visitors were told. Some of them were carrying real guns and the order was clear "In case of a mess, shoot to kill". She hated those guys who were willing to kill any animal in the zoo in cold blood in case a spoiled little brat had crossed the line of his own safety.