02 | Apocalyptic Aftermath - Drabble Challenge - Winner

Following the devastation and despair, the Apocalyptic Aftermath - Drabble Challenge brought us three winners, two of whom took full responsibility for releasing the virus as one messenger of hope who broadcasted such an important message for huma...

Following the devastation and despair, the Apocalyptic Aftermath - Drabble Challenge brought us three winners, two of whom took full responsibility for releasing the virus as one messenger of hope who broadcasted such an important message for humanity. Here they are!

☢☢☢

Zombie Virus by Alavirienne09

I want to remind you of something: mistakes are human and science has always been made of mistakes. All the famous scientists have been seen as madmen and madwomen. But now everyone knows and admires them. There are no advances without backslidings, no progress without mistakes, no discoveries without risks. Now the virus is free, we can't change that. But we can find a way to make it a strength, not a weakness. We can find a way to control it and to save humanity without losing all its advantages. I can find this way. A new era is coming.

☢☢☢

Apocalyptic Aftermath by TheOreoOnly

To all worldwide citizens, I apologise unreservedly for the zombie virus-

Forget that script, listen I'll be real. I completely messed up. I was testing some viruses I found in the deep permafrost and on my way home I dropped the glass samples in the national drain hole because a car kicked my e-scooter. Anyway, I need to get another sample to possibly find a cure. But I can't cause the airport is utterly shut since the whole town there is infected and the government has used every possible aircraft to go live in another continent.

So we're all gonna die.

Sorry, everyone.

☢☢☢

Fear not! Humanity still has hope.

📡📡📡

by ReminiscenceOfBeauty

10 more steps to go! 5 more steps to go! 1 more!
As I reached the door, I busted it open, grabbed the heaviest object and blocked the closed door. I breathed harshly, my heart throbbing as I faced the sunshine. I wanted to relax, but I remembered the goal. I grabbed the radio out and wired it to the satellite dish. Twisting the radio's knob, I connected a mic, readying my words.
"Everyone who can hear this! My name is Zakan! Is one place that the zombies can't touch, Island of St. Helena!"
The radio went silent, echoing across.

📡📡📡

Congratulations!