/kraɪ/

*Cry

THIS SCENE IS PERFORMED BY PROFESSIONALS

THIS SCENE IS PERFORMED BY PROFESSIONALS. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME.

What happened?

No comment.

"Lord, your secret is safe with me," Dr. Magoo says as he gets up from the kneeling position he was in to beg me to spare his life.

I nod in a gesture of forgiveness. If Dr. Magoo weren't a genius, he would have needed to find an emergency host for his brain.

"Here is your subscription; you must cut down on the sugar and take a bite at least once a week."

It's easy for him to say, there's only one person I want to sink my teeth into these days, and I cannot. At least I needn't go to The Den like Seconds to suck on blood strumpets. The courtesan's neck has more holes than cheddar cheese. Each bite transmits a mark overlapped by another, which leaves their skin smelling like a public urinal.

I get up to leave. I'm at the door when Dr. Magoo says, "and lord Tepes, a Strigoi, even king is allowed to cry from time to time."

The dark eye I throw him erases the little grin of satisfaction he has on his face as I leave his cabinet.

Mephisto waits for me in front of the car. He lifts his head from his Switch game console and smirks, "did someone die in there?"

"Why?"

"Well, I think everyone from here to Porto Rico must have heard you."

"Mephisto."

"Yes, Boss."

"How long do you wish to live?"

"Longer than this, let's say a couple of centuries, Boss, sorry, Boss," Mephisto says as he opens the door of the car for me.

So there you have it, I lord Søren Waldermar Tepes. The third child of lord Dracos, the great vampire son of Xrosos, the Dragon, prince, and ruler of all vampires living from here to Lapland. Brother of Jesus Warenhader Tepes and late king Inerglas Tepes had a cavity, high cholesterol, and I cried like a baby when doctor Magoo smashed my fang.

Right now, I need some sleep, but we are Tuesday.

As the clock strikes 7 PM, Aurora enters the parlor.

She has a black tailored suit with a thin red belt at the waist, which matches her blood-red lipstick and shoe insoles. Aurora must have come straight from work.

"Good evening," Mephisto welcomes her with his accustomed cynical smile. Aurora sneers at him and redirects her stare at me. Unlike most times where her gaze is sensual here, she gives me a quizzical look. Questions concerning me cloud her mind.

"Good evening Aurora."

The vampires present are silent, which is rare.

Aurora follows me into my hall of limbo; the walk is long; she must be in a knot. We enter the office, and Aurora immediately takes off her jacket, revealing a red lingerie-type tank top.