/ˈfeə.ri ˌteɪl/

*fairytale

This place feels and smells familiar

This place feels and smells familiar. There's no need for me to open my eyes to know that I'm safe. The atrocious nightmare is over. An octopus, one so huge it would need a stadium as a bathtub. I can still feel the suction sensation on my leg as its suckers take a position.

I look down, nothing, there's no trace.

Did I dream?

No, then why am I in the bedroom of my parent's house. It's been a long time, maybe three or four months. Nothing has changed here; I guess home is the only place one wishes it to remain as it is.

I get out of bed. I'm even in my old pajamas; I can almost swear I was in Aurora's dress. When you're someone with my passive, you can't trust your mind.

Perhaps all was a fantasy, after all. I leave the room and begin to go down the stairs when I hear a voice I haven't heard in a long time. They're talking, and I try to make the less sound possible as I creep down to listen.

The kitchen door is slightly open, and I peep through the crack like a thief.

"You told me to leave, that you would protect Inna and tell her the truth. What do I find? Inna at the mercy of a Kraken," he paces with his hands on his hips.

"Knox."

"You promised. I did everything you asked."

My father shakes his head, "Knox, why are you here?"

My brother swipes a hand on his face and says," do you know what happens when she takes off her pendant? You can't since you're human. Well, I'll tell you. A colossal shockwave swipes the earth; it's like a calling. I'm here because I heard Inna's scream from the other side of the planet."

"Come on, Knox, Inna never takes off her pendant," my father replies. I recognize his usual cool. One could tell him there was an earthquake in Japan, and there were kaijus everywhere that my father would go. Is that so, do you want some coffee?

Knox is furious I've never seen him like this.

"How do you know? How do you know Inna doesn't take it off. She doesn't even live in this house anymore. Do you know what's happening outside? Have you checked the streets of Crimson lately? All the species and sinister beings imaginable have invaded the streets, and do you know why?"

"Knox, calm down. Inna has the right to live like anyone else. It's why we took her," my mother says in her poised voice as she attempts to approach him.

Knox shakes his head to deny, "but she isn't like anyone else on earth."

"Knox, please stop screaming. You might wake her."

My brother shuts his eyes and opens them, "listen, Inna has to know. Her ignorance is putting her in danger. She reeks Strigoi; some bastard even managed to cloak her, can you imagine that?"