ˈstɔːkər

*stalker

My head pounds like a hangover effect; sleep didn't come easily last night

My head pounds like a hangover effect; sleep didn't come easily last night. Aurora, energized by her tattoos, wanted to redo the apartment Feng Shui style. After shifting the whole place, I called it a night, but I tossed like an idiot. Around midnight weird noises disturbed me. So I got up only to find out Aurora was having one of her solo grooves. Now I hate her; I swear she better not be in one of her bi-polar attituㅡ.

"Morning," Aurora says with a million-dollar smile.

"Wow, at what time did you wake up?"

Aurora is a heavy sleeper; you can set up all the alarm clocks in the world. She doesn't wake up unless she's kicked out of bed.

Here she's dressed and bringing the finishing touches to her face with ruby red lipstick. Strange, she usually opts for peachy pinks for the daytime. Since I'm bald, I've gained half an hour of sleep daily. No more Flexi-rods, twists, braids, and sew-ins; I'm as Free as Stevie Wonder.

"Why are your eyes so wide?" Aurora says as she puckers her lips to make sure the lipstick is everywhere it should.

"I'm just surprised, especially since you played with Didi last night."

"Excuse me? I didn't play with Didi last night; I only do that when I'm bored and alone or under the shower."

We are adults and best friends; the subject is far from being taboo for us. Aurora has her secret pleasures; it doesn't bother me.

"Okay, okay, sorry, it's just certain sounds came from your bedroom," her face begins to twist. I back down, "you know what, forget It." I eclipse to the living room, where I switch on the TV.

"The bats have infested the city; we must do something. It's a sanitary crisis."

Aurora enters the living room and stands beside me, "oh, turn it off, Inna. All these special bat bulletins give me the creeps." She hugs herself and walks to the kitchen, and I follow.

"Aren't you interested to know why so many bats have migrated to Crimson?"

It's a mystery no one understands, the coves around Crimson already attracted a few bats, but hundreds arrived in our city last year. There's nothing to fear in the daytime, but anyone can become a victim of a bat attack at night. They hang on trees like drying crop tops.

They don't hurt anyone, but they sometimes scavenge bins, and of course, when they fly low, you can get a wing slap. Those who take the risk to pick on them find themselves pursued by the bat crew or whatever.

Bats aren't my cup of tea, but I don't hate them, unlike Aurora.

Aurora takes a straw and sips on her orange juice, and stops to say, "no, I want the mayor to eradicate them. They're disgusting, and they freak me out."