\ ˈvamp \

Flames are all I saw when I got out

"Help."

Everyone's attention was elsewhere. No one seemed to care about me. When I did reel someone's attention, I found myself pinned down to the ground like a crook.

"She's human," I heard someone say.

"What's going on?"

No answer.

"Please, can someone answer me?"

Once my hands were wire tied, the corps officer sat me up, and I saw the whole scene.

Søren was on his knees, and so was the host.

What on earth happened here?

They took me to what seemed to be police headquarters and interrogated me.

"Do you know Mr. Arcadius?" The officer asked.

"Who is Mr. Arcadius?" I returned.

"Have you ever been associated with any activities affiliated to the Arcadius?"

"Hello, again, I ask who Arcadius is? Is this an interrogation? Because if it is, can I call my lawyer?"

The man ignored me and pursued, "were you contacted to participate in last night's events?"

"Listen, is this an interrogation or what?" I ask and cross my arms.

"We'll release you as soon as you answer Ms. Davis," a voice said in the speakers.

An unwarranted sigh escaped from me as I replied, "I registered online, and I got a confirmation email."

"Why did you wish to participate?" The voice in the speaker asked.

"It seemed fun," I said and smiled at my reflection in the mirror where I imagined the man stood.

"Do you personally know Magnus Arcadius?"

"Who is this God damn Arcadius guy? I don't know him. Did he say I did? Because I don't know him."

The questions went round in circles but always returned to my connection with this Magnus dude. They then took me to this immaculately white room and made me sit in a chair placed in its center.

I don't know whether it came from the ceiling or behind me, but something physically penetrated my mind. It felt as though thousand of needles entered at once.

In the end, all I heard was a female voice say in a very formal and automatic mode: "Fourth reincarnation. One total wipeout. Two partial rewrites and an Exo seal. Caution, a rewrite will be dangerous and might cause the Exo seal to leak the anterior soul."

I hoped they talked about a printer's ink cartridge.

They took me to another room, I know I should have panicked, but the adrenaline surge was too high. In fact, I was ecstatic. Inna would say it's a rich bitch thing, and it probably is.