/prəˈtektə(r)/

*Protector

Knox said he wished to meet Søren and that after, he'd tell me why I was never to see him again

I don't know what Knox will reveal, but my heart hasn't stopped tightening since. Søren made me uncomfortable at first, but I know he isn't an evil man.

How do I know?

It's that inner gut feeling. It's unexplainable, but I'm sure Søren is someone I can trust.

"So tell me?"

"Patience, let's go to meet our parents first," Knox says as he opens the car's door.

"Knox, can we pass by the police station? I haven't had any news from Aurora."

Knox smirks, "don't worry about her. She'll show up soon."

My brother's confidence is unsettling. He seems so different.

"How do you know she's okay?" I ask.

"I just know."

We get inside, and I buckle up my seat belt. Knox places the key in the ignition, and we drive off to my parents. I observe Knox for the first few minutes of the ride. It's not just the attitude that has shifted. It's his looks as well. His facial traits seem sharper, like his jaw, which appears more angular. His skin is impeccable and has this dewy glow that I always envied.

Knox looks younger than me, though he's older, especially with his hairless face.

"Why are you smiling?" Knox asks and takes a glance at me.

"It's your hair. It's shimmering. What dye did you use on it?"

Knox unleashes a crooked smile, "It's not dye. It's natural."

My brow rises in its own accord at my brother's no sense statement, "Knox, don't take me for a fool. You've always had crow black hair. In what is this sliver hair natural? If you don't want to tell me, just say you don't want to instead of lying."

"I'm not lying, Inna."

He shakes his hair, and his black tee finds itself sprinkled with silver specks.

"Ugh, gross, you've got dandruff and all."

Knox chuckles, "dandruff, oh myㅡtrust me, sis, this dandruff can save humanity."

"Oh, p-lease, haven't you got a big old head," I say and slide my head back.

"Inna."

"What?" I turn to face him. Knox whispers something and then blackout. Never has sleep knocked me out so fast. The sound of a slamming door as Knox leaves the car wakes me up. I'm home. I mean, we're at our parents' place.

I sit up, swipe a hand on my lips to wipe the eventual drool, and leave the car, "Knox, you could have woken me up."

"Inna darling," my mom comes to engulf me in a hug while I glare at Knox and his dandruff head.