ahr-tēr'ē-ăl blŭd

*arterial blood

Mephisto got me the information

Mephisto got me the information. The Zână is Inna's brother. I want to say it makes sense, but things are slightly messier. Like a spectator, I watch a show wondering what other nonsense the producer will come up with next.

Inna's brother's arrival does not reassure me, especially when I know what he is.

Zână aka faerie.

He is not supposed to exist, and here we are with the walking dead-many questions bustle in my mind.

How did he survive?

He masters his dust, and he must know his spells when I think of what he did to Linda.

Magnus has already alerted the council. Lord Iverson connected me right after. He's convinced the incidents in New York are linked to the Zână.

If so, it means I have a psychopath loose in Crimson who has decided to render me a visit with Inna. The strigoi present leave the tattoo parlor without me having to warn them.

"Søren."

Hi, Inna, I sign. I'm so happy to see you.

I'm not lying; I was worried about her. Inna's brother stands back for the moment; one can whiff his power a mile away.

"I feel as though I haven't seen you in ages," Inna says.

She is right; it has almost been a fortnight with my voyage to New York and my missed attempt to save her.

Inna turns her head back to her brother before facing me again, "I want to present someone to you."

Here we go.

I paste a frown, "who?"

"My brother Knox."

He steps forward and stretches his hand out. I can't help but notice the specks of what resembles dandruff on his shoulders. He has such an abundant amount of dust that it is literally falling from his scalp. His hair has fused with it, which explains its rare silver tint.

"Hi, don't worry, I won't sprinkle you," he says with a smirk.

Inna barely picks up on her brother's line. I proceed to shake his hand. The burning sensation from the impact is immediate.

A liaison between Faes and vampires impossible. Sookie lied.

A strigoi can seduce almost any species, but we do not touch Zânăs not because desire lacks, but any psychical contact would be our death. Dust fills their bodies. Thus they are walking poison for us.

I withdraw my hand and put it in my pocket. The top layer of my skin has experienced the best peel-off ever. Unless I drink some blood ASAP, it will take an hour for the skin to grow back.

My face needed two hours after Althalys clawed it. It would only take five minutes if I did not suffer from malnutrition.

See, that's another myth people gobble without blinking. A strigoi can not be vegan. Only human blood gives us the nutrients necessary. Our obsessional penchant, sugar in my case, can hold us up, but it does not regenerate our powers. As for animal blood, it does nothing else except give us diarrhea.