/ˌʌndɪˈfaɪnd/

Undefined*

My head is on Knox's knee when I wake

"Knox."

He looks down, "are you okay?"

"I-I had this strange dream. You said crazy things, and you flew. Aww, my head."

"Are you sure it was a dream?" My brother asks.

Suddenly I question my memory, "Knox," I exclaim and attempt to sit up only to realize we're levitating, "Oh my god," I yell as I cling to him for dear life.

"Don't panic. Take a deep breath," Knox reassures me before reducing the distance between the bed and us. My body slowly touches my bedspreads before sinking into the mattress.

I let go of him, "what was that?"

"We levitated," he says.

My eyes grow wide, "I know that, but why and how?"

"Levitating relaxes me, and it's thanks to my abundant dandruff," Knox says while unleashing a crooked smile. 

"So it wasn't a dream?" Damn, I said it out loud, and now he'll feel obliged to give me a reply.

"No, it wasn't," Knox replies and climbs off my bed.

"I'm an alien."

"No, for the moment, you have the same status as a relic."

It's worse than I thought. Up till now, my biggest issue was trying to figure out my ethnicity. Now I discover I might not even be part of the human race.

"How can you say that with such ease?" 

It's true; Knox seems A-OK with his and my status.

Knox shrugs, "because I've never felt better than now. I'm glad you're aware of everything. Up till now, I was alone. The org calls me an endangered species. Now you know the truth; we can finally work together to get rid of these vermin."

"Knox, by vermin, you mean-."

"All these predators who feed on humans and who invade nations. They're polluting minds and perverting many. They are more numerous than before."

Knox has always been passionate about any cause. And he has this thing for defending the weak. It's clear he sees himself as some knight in shining armor for humans and me.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in, mom," Knox replies.

"How do you know it's her?"

"I sense her aura," he replies.

Okay, if this were a scene on a Netflix flick, I'd say the whole faerie powder-puff power thing is pretty neat, but I'm not in a phase to appreciate Knox's uniqueness or do backflips over my mystical potential.