/ˈlæbərɪnθ/

*Labrinth

The music and everyone stops dancing

The music and everyone stops dancing. My dark stranger takes my hand and leads me to the stage. The mystery man is even more gorgeous in the limelight; he can't be human. The creator is indeed unfair if he is, for the man is of rare beauty. I have to admit I don't give into that blue-eyed blonde hair fetish. At least I didn't have one until now.

One can tell he has great esteem for himself by how he stands. He has that greek god top model esthetic, tall slender with this very standoffish glint in his eyes. It's almost noble; one could believe he was a knight of some realm in the past.

He laughs," I was more than that."

My face doesn't even have time to sketch a quizzical stare as he speaks.

"Friends, the time has come for our Initiatio. We have special guests tonight. Be careful to treat them well. As you can see, some of you have black masks, and the rest have white. It's for our little game, a part of cat and mouse. There's only one rule, those with the black masks must make it back here before the sand in this hourglass runs out," he says and points to the hourglass on a stand next to me which I overlooked until he spoke.

"We must make it back from where? Why leave when we can just wait here?" Someone says.

There's always someone to interpret the smart Alec.

The man smiles, "you can stay here, but it's at your risk and peril. You must all pass the curtains behind you and be back when the sand runs out," he smiles at the audience, brings my hand to his lips, and kisses it, "please come back safely milady."

It's hard to explain, but it's one of those moments where your mind tells you to run, but you're stuck on the spot for some odd and stupid reason.

"It sounds easy," Aurora says as I join her.

"Exactly, it seems too easy. I wonder what lies behind those curtains?"

"Inna, we came from there, remember. What do you think is behind it?" Aurora says as we follow those with bandit masks like ours while the white masks wearers remain with the host.

The guest who spoke remains also, something tells me to persuade him to come with us, but the arrogant stare he gives us as we pass turns my desire to help on snooze. We pass the curtain.

"Aurora, are you sure this is where we came from?"

A long corridor with white and black checkered tiles stretches before us with doors on either side. It seems endless; behind us, I hear what appears to be screams and dog barks.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Aurora says.

This here, folks is the story of my life; I'm always the only one to see and hear things. Many thought I suffered from schizophrenia because of my outbursts as a child.