viːnəs

*Venous

A choice

A choice.

People believe they are human, but they are mammals cultivating humanity.

A person spends their life becoming human. Some succeed, and others like me fail because deep within, we know we were never of the species in the first place.

It's odd how one event can change how you see the world. I feel as though I spent my whole life waiting. While some doubt they're special, I've always known I had something more than the next being. I was born to serve a higher purpose. Only one person has ever given me the impression of being out of this world.

Inna.

There's something about her ordinariness that's compelling. She sees the good in people. And for some crazy reason, she sees a residue of holiness in me.

It's not what I spy when I look at my reflection. I see her, and if until this moment, I didn't know her name since all I think of is her.

Dame Ophelia, the bloody Queen, wasn't popular, but for Magnus, the Queen represented the best of their species and an example to follow. The world would be on its knees if the Queen reigned once more.

I, the Queen.

The thought is what has brought me back to the Colosseum.

"Back already," Magnus asks, barely hiding his contentment.

"You knew it, didn't you, that I'd come back," I say and look behind me. It's incredible to think this place was ruined forty-eight hours ago. Humans ignore so many things about the other world, which isn't parallel but a layer of their world.

"I know her. The Queen is not one to hesitate. She is incisive, unlike my muffler of a brother. He almost resembled a king with her by his side."

"You admire her."

Magnus nods, "Yes, never has someone who transgressed life embraced our immortal universe as she did. We could restore Strigoi glory, my lady."

"I'm not doing this for the vampire diaries of Strigoi archives."

Magnus smiles and kisses my hand, "I know."

I wonder what Magnus notices when he looks at me. Is it her or me he sees?

Though I'm one with Ophelia, I can't help but wonder what will remain of Aurora. I am her, yet I detest her so.

Magnus grins. He is different from that frightful night; it's absurd how a tuxedo makes a man. Here, in his slim jeans and black turtle neck, I find it challenging to believe he's a prince of vampires. The three brothers have nothing in common; only Jesus resembles the traditional image one makes of a vampire. At the same time, Jesus is a rock star. Most naturally look or cultivate the darkness of creatures in obscurity. Magnus' blonde hair and blue eyes remove that mysterious and frightening aspect of what I am preparing to do. I feel as though Prince Charming is accompanying me on the reaper's boat.