5. Darius The Snake Whisperer

enjoy! I will be updating WSW soon so stay tuned!

************************************************************

My grip on Darius' shoulders tighten as he continues to stare at me intently.

"C-Can you put me down?" I ask, my voice above a whisper. Darius looks down, and releases me slowly-- his hands leaving my hips at the last moment.

I finally gulp a breath of air, and swim briskly over to the edge of the pool. As soon as I'm out, cold air bites at my skin, and I shiver subconsciously. Darius gets out too, the pool water running down his muscled chest. I turn away from him, my arms clinging to my chest for warmth.

I jump as a towel is draped across my back, and I quickly wrap it against myself-- looking as Darius walks away from me with his own. What just happened?

As another shiver passes through me, I tighten my grip on the towel and grab my clothes, quickly trail behind Darius-- suddenly eager to get back to the room. We pass through a darkly lit hallway and walk around a wall, entering the area where the rooms were.

Finally reaching our room, I quickly enter it and toss my clothes beside the bathroom door.

"I call the shower first!" I exclaim, digging for more clothes in my bag. I pick out a black shirt and gray sweatpants, forcibly having to pull out a red lingerie from the bag. One day I was going to get him back for that.

"Make it fast, or I'm going to hop in with you." Darius says, leaning on the side of the bed.

I feel myself blush and hide it by quickly opening the bathroom and closing it-- putting a wall between us. "You wish!" I yell through the door.

The bathroom was actually pretty clean, if you don't count the substance growing on the corners of the rooms that is..

Thank The Lord there was a lock on the door. I pull of the towel from my body and strip out of my wet bra and shorts. Turning on the water, I wait for it to get hot by dancing on my toes back and forth from the cold. Finally the water get hot, and I hop in.

I scrub shampoo and conditioner thoroughly through my hair before shaving my legs and washing my body. There was another bottle of face wash next to the body wash, so I just decided to use it. Who would turn down free good-smelling face wash? I pick up the face wash and squirt some of the stuff into the palm of my hand. Out of the corner of my eye, something dark moved on the side of the tub. Turning my head, I see something that makes my heart jump into my chest and I let out a petrified scream.

It was a snake, slithering around my feet in the bathtub.

"Lena, what's wrong?" It's the first time he's actually called me by my name, but at the moment I don't have the time to fuss over that.

He makes a small knock on the door as I jump up onto the side of the shower, nearly falling over on my butt in the process.

"Darius!" I squeal, watching the dark slithery thing squirm over to the other side of the shower, closest to the door.

"Lena, open the door!" Darius says, becoming impatient.

"T-There's a snake in the shower!" I manage to choke out, jumping up and down as the snake turns around and starts coming my way.

When he stops knocking, my heart starts to pound faster.

"Darius! Help me!" I squeeze my hair with my fingers, watching as the snake comes closer by the second.

Ever since kindergarten, I've been petrified of snakes. Some kid in my class happened to find a garden snake in the playground, and stuffed it down my shirt for fun. Luckily for me, I managed to do a little karate back then, and it earned him a good black eye and bruised face. But sadly I never grew out of my fear since then.