17. Upfront

A little bit of Darius' past.................... (; media to the side is created by Alaska_Mendes my best friend and bae<3 love you!(:

************************************************

Danielle and I talked for a little while longer, and I told her everything. How it all went down, what happened along the way (leaving out Darius' weird moments of course), and what was happening now. She remained silent through most of it, and then told me how sorry she was that all of this happened afterwards.

We left after that and had light conversation on the way back home. I was scared to see Darius, and honestly I didn't know why. Was I afraid of him finding out about my confession to Danielle? Or was I just scared to even see him in general?

My hands shook in my lap, and I tried to cover my loose shirt over them to keep Danielle's seemingly prying eyes from noticing. I hadn't realized how much of a resemblance her and Darius had. They both took to small details, and noticed the littlest things even if they didn't matter and shared the same personality... Well, I take that back, sometimes they do. Most of the time Darius is just a dick to anyone who happens to be near him, which most of the time is myself.

Once we pulled into the drive, I grabbed my leftover coffee from the cup holder and drank the rest before Danielle parked the car and turned off the engine. My hands were trembling as we walked to the door, and Danielle turned towards me before she opened the door.

"He doesn't know that I know about his... Façade. Drop anything that I've said at the coffee shop, and keep it to yourself."

"How do you know? I mean, about his lifestyle..."

"Do you really think it's that hard to not notice my little brothers face all over the news? He's an arrogant little bitch, so he wouldn't know that. Now come on, I have some dinner plans tonight I need to start on." Wiggling her eyebrows, she gestures me inside and closes the door behind us once I get inside.

"Go up and talk to him. He seemed very distant this morning. I'm guessing there's something you guys need to clear up." She whispers in my ear. I open my mouth to protest but she gives me a do-it-or-no-dinner-tonight look and I swallow my words.

I wasn't not eating because I was too scared to talk to the devil himself upstairs. So I let my feet carry my blindly up the stairs and to the door, which was shut. Steam rose out from under the bedroom door, and knots seemed to constrict in my stomach.

Was he showering? Should I walk in unattended? What if he was finished and I accidentally walked in on him without clothes? What if I froze up and looked really dumb? I palm myself on the forehead. Why am I even thinking about these questions, let alone almost imagining them!

Going against what my brain was telling me, I turn the knob and find it to be surprisingly unlocked. Oh god, I shouldn't be doing this. This would literally be the death of me. But just as I was about to abort the mission, another hand behind the door yanked the rest of the door open, making me nearly tumble into the room from the force like a ninja assassin working for the president about to go commando on the bad guys.

I find my feet and awkwardly stand nearly a breath away from a tall, hot, water-from-the-shower-dripping-down-from-his-naked-torso-and-falling-into-a-deep-v-line-but-disappears-behind-a-low-waisted-towel glorious godly Darius. Well, godly is the wrong word to use for him... I'll stick with just talking about his physical characteristics.

"Good God of the heavens please shield my sinful eyes from this beautiful creature-- I--I mean... Oh, hi Darius... Didn't see you there." I laugh, trying to shake off the attention of my tomato cheeks and start to step back. But Darius reaches out and grabs my forearm, yanking me forward so he could shut the door behind me.