25. Welcome To San Fransisco

I love to see what yall assume will happen with this book! you guys will be so shocked for outcome(so many surprises!!), but I won't tell you anything more yet! I have a lot more to go, so just watch out for those little details(: also, picture to the side is Sy!

sorry for the weird updates. I have been traveling quite a lot and I was in San Antonio for a tournament this past weekend, so hopefully I won't be moving around too much anymore!

If you're still reading this far and aren't bored to death, thank you and this chapter should make up for what I've missed!(;

new character!:D

******************************************************

At some point after our heated, short 'session' I had passed out in my seat from just overall exhaustion. My limbs felt weightless and my lungs sucked from all air possible, so I decided to sleep for a very long time. Some time later though, I felt my body being lifted from the car and placed somewhere with more room for my sleeping body. There I slept like a baby.

A day and a half had passed after that, traveling through highways and freeway systems and stopping to eat or use the restroom. Until, finally, Darius woke me to a sunny afternoon with beautiful waters on either side of us and amazing views of tall buildings and structures.

"Are we here?" I ask, climbing up from the back of the car back up to the passenger seat. My eyes take in the breathtaking views and I momentarily gasp at the sight.

"Yeah," Darius replied. "I think my back might be permanently damaged from sitting in this goddamn seat for forever, too."

"Aw, boohoo. Darius can't handle a little pain." I squeeze his shoulder, earning a deadly look from him. Honestly I was just glad we were here. I had never been to California before, and I was glad I would finally have some leg room away from the muscle-monster.

"I can handle a lot of pain, it's just very different when I have a little annoying brat in the back complaining about everything that could possibly be complained about." Darius replies bitterly, his knuckles turning white on the steering wheel. I internally shudder.

"I didn't complain a lot..." I mutter under my breath, thinking he couldn't hear me. But judging by how Darius' jaw muscles tighten, it tells me otherwise.

Clearing my throat, I find it best to change the subject to a lighter note.

"So, where's this guy that we are staying with?"

"He's on the east side of the city. He runs a decent bar and he has an apartment above his store, so that's where we will be staying at." Darius says, running a hand through his mess of dark hair. I almost laugh outwardly when I remember his placid face when he came out of the bathroom with a new color. Oh, how fun that was while it lasted, and honestly the new color was growing on me quite nicely.

"So we are invading his personal space and home, and unexpectedly might I add, and not paying him anything or earning our keep?"

"Oh," Darius laughs, his voice rumbling. "We definitely are, and you especially, kitten. You'll be busing the tables in his restaurant."

"What about you?!" I ask, outraged. How dare he tell me what I'm to do and not say anything about himself!

"I will help in the back, since I have an identity crisis I must keep safe, thank you very much."

I snorted unattractively. "Sure. Okay. I don't have one at all to keep safe. Yep, makes sense." Sitting back in the passenger seat, I pout my bottom lip and cross my arms over my chest.

"You aren't going to be noticed, I promise. You'll work before and after it opens cleaning and sorting the tables and what not." He says, and I scoff.