1. The Blonde Criminal

"Lena! Come get your stupid shoes off my couch!" My sister- Hayley called.

          I shoved my book down in annoyance. Ever since we first got this flat a few weeks ago, she's been spot on about messes anywhere. I couldn't even get away with shoving fallen ice cubes under the refrigerator- and yeah, I was that lazy. Cleaning them up was even more difficult than just picking them up and throwing them out, so I learned not to try that again after the second time.

          I climbed out of my cozy bed and shuffled out into the living room, my socks skating across the wood. Just to annoy my sister, I glided into the kitchen with a single twirl in my socks, landing with a clumsy jerk into the island in the middle of the kitchen.

          She snorted in amusement.

          "Trying to become an Olympic ice-skater?" She asked, putting salt into the scrambled eggs.

          "Why, yes. Yes I am." I answered.

          I picked up my shoes and flopped them by the front door- the one place she lets me put 'unclean' things. Hayley put the plates down onto the table as I sat down anxiously.

          "They look good," I commented, staring at the warm eggs on my plate.

          Hayley smiled, "Only from the best."

          She whipped around to go get some drinks- which I had forgotten to grab on the way to the table.

          "Hayley.. Mind grabbing a glass of apple juice for me?" I ask, showing off a bright smile.

          She gave me an annoyed look.

          "How about the jug instead?" Hayley grabbed the pint of apple juice and slammed it down on the table, making my fork rattle.

          "Okay," I picked up the jug and popped open the lid, not caring what it came in.

          Hey, at least I'm not picky. Hayley finally sat down and started shoving eggs into her mouth, obviously hungry.

          "So what are you doing today? Seeing your boyfriend?" I ask, curious. Hayley always seems to redden whenever I talk about her business partner.

          "N-No, I only see him at work." Hayley freezes at my question- her response almost every time.

          I twirl the fork along my eggs, smirking. "Yeah, sure."

          She grabs for her milk angrily. "What about you, then? Seeing Keenan for lunch?" Hayley responds, immediate to get out of the earlier conversation.

         Kennan was one of my best friends- even though he was a guy. We loved to prank each other, even if it was over the dumbest things.

          I don't tense, and just smile at her. "Yes, because he is my best friend, unlike your business partner." I emphasize business partner with my fingers.

          Hayley chews her food calmly before responding. "Okay, okay whatever. So what if I like him a little?" She blushed slightly, covering it with her glass.

          "I knew it!" I threw my hands up, praising myself. "Called it!"

          She draws her bottom lip out into a pout. "Whatever,"

          Hayley grabs both out plates after we finish and I clean up the table.

           "I'll be in the cave until I have to leave." I yell as I skip into the hallway.