18. Ripping Hearts

Media again created by the fabulous Alaska_Mendes <3

I accidentally(lol it's true) shattered my phone screen, so some updates might be slow unless I use my computer. Sorry guys ): hopefully I can get a new phone sometime soon so I can be back on track(:

***********************************************

"I think we've been in this situation quite a lot the past few days, haven't we?" I nervously laugh, trying to lighten the dark, enticing mood Darius had so kindly placed on us.

Darius seemed to press me harder into the wall at my words and made a strange noise in the back of his throat.

"That's your own doing, sweetheart." He growled.

I felt a terrified shiver run up my arms and legs and my lips quivered involuntarily. A part of me just wanted to get the tension over with and smash my lips against his and go into a kissing frenzy, and the other part told me I needed to find a safe place to hide for awhile while I thought about my life choices.

I was tired of the awkwardness, so I just chose the second option.

"Get off me, muscle-monster!" I yell out, trying to squeeze my way out of his grip. He tightens his hold on my thighs and I squeal as they seem to ride up a little.

Using his closeness to my advantage, I squeeze my legs harder around him and push up off his shoulder, getting some height. With that, I was able to climb out of his hold but not nearly as easily as I thought. I barely made it to climbing around his back before he pried and pulled at my wrists, trying to lock me in his hold again.

"No! Let me go, you molester!" I shriek, probably earning a terrified Danielle downstairs.

"What the fuck?" Darius says, his hands suddenly letting go of me. I quickly use his shock to bolt to the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

"Oh my lord, thank god." I breathe out, slowly slipping down the back of the door and landing on my butt. I sprawl my legs out in front of me and tug my hands through my hair.

Almost immediately the door behind me pounded against my back, sending me jumping forward.

"Lena, you better open this goddamn door!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

I got up and turned around, putting my mouth near the door. I was feeling a little braver with something between us. He was still banging on the door, though.

"Then come and get me, bitch!"

And then everything went silent. Darius stopped banging, and then I heard him leave and drawers opened in the background. Oh god. I really shouldn't have done that. Getting up off of the floor I turn around and put my hands to my chest as my heart pounds faster than a race car.

Suddenly, the door handle rattles a few times, the person on the other side remaining silent. Then something clicks inside, like he had put something in the lock.

"Darius, stop making it look like you can crack the lock with just a--"

The door bangs open, and Darius stands on the other side, a small bobby pin in his left hand.

"--bobby pin." I finish, my voice almost silent. I slowly swallow the lump in my throat and start stepping backwards as he eyes me like I was prey.

"Kitten, I'll have you know I've broken through quite the amount of doors in my life." Darius voice slowly gets deeper and huskier, and that only drew me to step backwards faster. And his wink afterwards didn't help either.