38. Under His Spell

this chapter is just for #Darilena! <3 this is probably my favorite chapter to write lol, hope you enjoy

also, I'm beginning to write The Condemned again! it's a newer project that I will be on full time writing with once I finish this book! so, if you love UHK, you'll love this so PLEASE do go check it out under my profile and give it some love!!<3

xoxo

**********************************************************

I return home in a giddy mood, eager to share the news with Darius. Grayson sits at the kitchen table, flipping through a newspaper while he smokes a cigar. It reminds me of Darius' addiction, and I frown his way.

"You like them too?" I ask, placing my bag down on the coffee table. Gray looks up and smiles.

"I'm the one who got Dare into them." He laughs, his raspy, deep voice bellowing through the floor.

"No way.." I groan. "Why?"

"He was in a bad place back then, Lena. It was a type of escape for the better of him, so he didn't get into more trouble than he already was."

I open my mouth to speak, but decide against it and instead ask another question. "Where is Darius, by the way?"

"In my guest bed- your room now, I suppose." Gray returned to his newspaper and I thanked him, making my way into the bedroom.

I find Darius passed out on the bed, a new pair of sweats and a shirt on, and his hair having some decency to it. He must've done something or gone somewhere at some point, and now he was out like a baby.

A wide smile spread across my face as I made my way over to him and sat on the edge of the bed. He looked so peaceful, so out of mind and so innocent, happy even. Knowing he had to wake, I prod his arm gently, leaning down towards him and placing a discreet kiss on his temple.

"Darius, wake up." I whisper, sitting up as he wakes groggily.

"Hmm?"

"I have news." Pulling the crumpled papers from my skirt, I reveal the documents to Darius, who now stood at the side of the bed. He looks down at the papers and takes them in his hands, his eyes searching them feverishly.

"This is... Sy's signature... And his fathers." He states, still skimming through the papers. I sit in front of him, pulling my bottom lip into my mouth.

"Father? Who is he?"

"He's the company owner, Sy's old boss until he took over a few years ago... He must've helped him with this, helped him get those fake files. Sy's not the only one behind this, which means we will need a little more evidence than this."