"You." Ontari said as she took out a knife as Aden stepped in front of me.

  "No." I told Aden as I moved him away not wanting him to get hurt

"Put the knife down, Ontari." Roan said as she glared at me

" Your mother is dead because of her." She said before she charged at me. I moved away at the last second before turning and kicking her square in the back which caused her to fall face first knife clattering away.

"You will obey your king." Roan said as she stood up

"An unfortunate fact we have her to thank for, as well. No matter. When I am Heda and the king bows to me, you and every last member of Skaikru will die." she said never taking her eyes off of me. She stayed there for a few seconds before leaving.

I turned to Aden and pulled him in for a hug.

"Don't try to be brave." I whispered

"She'll trick all of you. It's better to run than to die. So don't die." I said to him as he nodded. I let go of him and gave him a small smile. I smiled at the group before turning to leave.

"Where is Titus?" I asked Murphy as we walked down the hall

"I don't know. He left as soon as he saw that big guy." He said

"Roan." I answered as we stepped into the elevator as we started to descend very slowly

"How confident are you that kid Aden is going to win?" He asked as I took a deep breath.

"Before Ontari arrived? He was the one. Even...the commander knew that." I said not being able to bring myself to say her name just yet.

"And now?" He asked as I looked at him before turning away and not answering the question.

"That bad huh?" He asked as we reached the bottom floor and started to exit the building.

"He needed more time. Another year could have made all of the difference. Just a few more months even. I knew she was spending more time training him recently. I just hope that that'll be enough." I said as we entered the dark flame lit room.

"You do not belong here." Titus said as Murphy scoffed

" Really? Why is my blood decorating your floor?" Murphy said nodding over to a stain on the floor.

"There's nothing left for you in Polis. Why have you not gone?" Titus turned to me

" Yeah. That's what I'd like to know." Murphy said as he inspected the room.

"We need to talk about Ontari. She wasn't trained here. Why would you let her into the Conclave?" I asked as I stepped closer

" Ontari has the blood of the Commanders. It is her birthright to compete for the Flame. If you do not like it then compete for the Flame yourself. As I hate to say it but it is your birthright as well." he said as i chose to ignore the last part.

"Is she really in there?" I asked looking down at a small tin box

"Of course she is." Titus said in a strong voice

"What does it matter who wins, huh? I mean, listen to me. If your girlfriend really is in that thing, then we have nothing to worry about, right? Lydia, let's just get out of here while we can." Murphy said in his own weird attempt of trying to console me.

" It matters. I've served 4 Commanders as Fleimkepa, none of them half as wise or strong as Lexa kom Trikru. The truth is, she was all those things even before Ascension.