[12]

|A Bloody Haunting|

"I died because of you!" Leo yelled at me as I shook my head

"No please. I didn't mean for this to happen." I told her. We were back in the skybox in one of the visits that I would pay her. But this was a nightmare.

She was yelling at me and slapping the glass that separated us.

"Mom died because of you. Dad died because of you. You're alone. You will always be alone." She yelled

"No!" I yelled back at her when I suddenly felt like I was falling and woke up. I checked my watch and saw it was early in the morning. I saw Clarke curled up into a ball shivering. I put my boots on and put my blanket over her as it helped her stop shivering.

I put both of my jackets on and left the tent. The sun had still not risen just yet. Everyone was asleep. I could hear the snores coming from the tents. The only ones awake were the ones on watch and me.

I ate a bit of soup but I didn't really feel like eating. After I finished eating I sat there on the log just staring blankly at the ground.

I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up and saw Bellamy as he nodded his head towards the gate. I didn't realize how much time had passed since everyone else was already up and leaving.

I was thankful that Bellamy didn't try to talk to me because I wasn't really up for a conversation. I led the group with Bellamy as we walked through the woods.

As we saw a clearing up ahead I stopped walking. Bellamy stopped walking and stood next to me still not talking. I looked ahead at the clearing taking a deep breath before continuing.

I walked slowly on the ashes. Some fires still blazed. There were fallen burnt trees. Pieces of the exodus ship were scattered along with clothes and human remains.

I walked around the edges almost like in a trance. I walked slowly trying to find any evidence of my dad. He told me he was going to bring my moms body to earth with them.

She said that her dying wish was to be buried in earth. So somewhere in the wreckage was both of their bodies. I leaned against a tree not being able to take it.

I rested my head against the tree as I saw Clarke searching the ground. Raven and Bellamy were talking to each other as others were in groups huddled. I was alone on the outskirts.

I grabbed a stick from the ground and kept searching. I moved shirts trying to find anything that belonged to my parents.

"Stay close." Bellamy said as he looked around. I started walking closer to the center. I walked towards a couple of burnt bodies that were barely recognizable.

As I stood over them I looked away. One of them had blonde hair. It was barely noticeable but I could tell. I looked at the body next to the blonde lady and saw a wedding ring. It was discarded because the hand had disintegrated.

I picked it up and looked at it. M&L were carved on the inside of the band. I dropped to my knees as I saw another ring was around the mans neck. I picked it up as it too said M&L.

I stared at the two burnt bodies of my parents. But the longer I stared the more I felt that I should get up and leave. I felt like yelling and crying. I felt like kicking and screaming.

I got up from where I was crouched and walked away from the bodies. I walked slowly and painfully as if my soul was being ripped apart. I felt weak. I felt like all of my strength had been sucked out of me. I felt my hands starting to shake.

I fell to my knees as I stared ahead of me. I held the two rings in my hands as I stared blankly ahead. I tried to gather some strength to get back up but I couldn't.