[27]

|lonely wanderer|

Playlist~

All night
by
Beyoncé
"Trade your broken wings for mine
I've seen your scars and kissed your crime"

The man who sold the world
By
Nirvana
"I thought you died alone a long long time ago."

~

As I reentered the protection of the trees I looked for the tree where I had hid my backpack. I looked back at camp and only saw the guards.

"I'll be back." I said quietly to myself as I found my backpack. I hanged it awkwardly over my shoulder because of all of the weapons that I had on.

Did I do the right thing by leaving? Maybe leaving wasn't the right thing to do?

I said to myself as I kept walking deeper into the woods. I kept off the main road but walked close by it so I could keep my eyes on it.

Now all I have now is time. Time to think of what I done.

But maybe this is what I need. To come to terms with what I did. To deal with my pain in my own way.

***

It was late in the evening when I had reached my destination. I looked up at the big metal door and sighed.

"Here I am once again." I said as I walked up to the door and pulled it so it could open. The door was heavy since it was made out of pure metal.

Once inside mount weather I closed the door behind me. Every other light was on. The concrete floors were clean.

I kept walking and avoided the dead bodies that crossed my path. I slid the key card that I kept as the elevator doors opened. I went inside and pressed the last button.

The elevator began to move down as I stared straight ahead.

Where would I live?

I asked myself. I can't go to the drop ship because if anyone, which I doubted, were to go look for me that would be the first place they would look.

I can't stay here in mount weather for obvious reasons. I took a deep breath as the doors opened and I stepped out. I walked down the hall as I stopped before the glass doors.

I opened the door and walked into the office. I put my backpack down on the floor and took off my weapons. I cracked my back having the weight off of me.

I sat down behind the desk and turned the computer on. As I waited for it to turn on I swirled around in the chair as something caught my eye.

I got up and looked over to where papers were spilling out of the bookcase. I took them out and looked at the detailed maps.

I looked through them and saw that they contained the locations of different bunkers of different sizes. I put the maps to the side of the desk and hacked through the computer.

I managed to connect the security cameras from outside the mountain into the computer so I could see if anyone approached, which I highly doubted.

I continued looking through the maps. After hours of debating on which one I should visit I picked one.

"This is it. If I don't like it I'm fucked." I said to myself as I left the papers on the desk and stood up. I grabbed my backpack and my bow and arrows. I never took off my swords because I just felt safer with them on.