[8]

|River|

I had been awake for about an hour now. I couldn't go to sleep. I was fully dressed and on patrol when there was a loud sound. It sounded like something entering the atmosphere. I looked up and saw a pod with flames trailing behind.

I saw everyone get out their tents and look up at the sky. They all stared up at the sky.

"Sew this for me will ya?" A girl asked with just a blanket around her body told me throwing me her shirt. I grabbed the shirt and looked at her as if she had just lost her mind.

"Now why would I do that?" I asked as I threw back the shirt

"Because I'm basically Bellamy's girlfriend." She said snooty

"Well I basically don't care whose girlfriend you are. You can be King Henry the eighth's wife and I wouldn't care." I said with a raised eyebrow

"Just sew it will you?" She said throwing the shirt back at me. I looked at her for a cool minute before I bursted out laughing. I bent over from the lack of air from all the laughing

"Good one" I said as I threw the shirt over my shoulder as it fell on the ground. Octavia shook her head at me with a large smile on her face as I walked over to her.

"You were nice." She said with no humor

"Yeah well its too early in the morning." I said

"Bellamy said we can't leave till sunrise." She said

"Of course he did." I said as I looked around

"Have you seen Clarke anywhere?" I asked her as she shook her head

"No, why?" She asked

"Because she wasn't in the tent." I said

"She's fine. Look go have a couple of more hours of rest before sunrise. I know Bellamy will want you to come with him to inspect the pod since you know all about that stuff." She said as she pushed me towards my tent.

"Yeah yeah yeah." I said as I went back in my tent.

"Wake up!" Clarke yelled at me she threw me my jacket. I was fully dressed but just had the blanket thrown over me.

"What?!" I asked irritated

"Bellamy's gone. So is his gear." She said to me

"So? Let Blake be gone." I said turning over to the other side of the bed.

"Wait! He's gone?" I asked after the sudden realization

"Yes he's gone now get your ass up." She said as I rolled my eyes at her as I retied my boots and put my jacket.

"Get your ass up." I mocked as I put my gun in my waistband. I picked up the Axe and put it in the back of my waistband and walked out the tent.

I found Clarke and Finn at the entrance of the camp

"Miller you're in charge." I said as I passed him. He nodded to me and gave me a thumbs up unable to speak due to having food in his mouth.

"You and Bellamy are always putting Miller in charge." Finn said as I reached them.

"Yeah well we trust him." I said as we started walking towards the direction of the fallen pod.

"You know you and Bellamy are the oldest in camp." Clarke said looking up at me. I nodded

"And?" I asked for her to continue

"I don't know about Clarke but sometimes I feel like you two are our parents." Finn answered as he walked beside me on my left as Clarke was on my right.