12

"We have our space situated. You guys just take everything to the rooms. I called earlier and they came out to turn the power on. The cable and internet will be on in a couple of days." They took their belongings into their rooms and came back out and sat on each side of me. I grabbed the remote and turned on the television.

"Levi, put a movie in please. I will make the popcorn and grab us some drinks." I said. I stood up and headed into the kitchen. Putting the popcorn in and reaching into the fridge and grabbing some sodas. I turned around and saw Darrel leaning against the table.

"You could have stayed in the living room. It wasn't going to take very long." I chuckled.

"I don't like not being able to see you. My skin crawls when I can't. I don't know if something bad happened to you. I am sorry if it irritated you. I can leave if you don't want me in here with you." He whispered. I felt sad at how he perceived everything. I wish there was something I could do to relieve some of the pain he feels every time I leave his side. I knew that I only had a few hours left until my first shift. I am both looking forward to it and not at the same time. Walking over I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest letting him know I am here and I am okay. The microwave went off letting us know that the popcorn was finished. We grabbed the food and drinks and headed back into the living room.

Walking over I sit between the twins and I can't help but smile. As time went by and we drew closer to my shift. I got scared. I knew that this was it. My people got up and headed to their perspective beds for the night. I could feel the pains starting. Slowly I stood up and tapped the guys on the shoulder. I nodded to the door and they shot up from the floor.

Darrel gathered me into his arms and bolted for the tree line trying to get there before I was incapable of being held. It seemed like time stood still as I was encompassed by the pain that was starting to dwindle down. I could feel my body pushing the bars that had my wolf caged for all these years. I could feel as I fought against the one thing that should have never happened to me in the first place. As the cage slowly disappeared I could feel her. She was making her presence known and I couldn't have been happier. I was ready to embrace her. She made me feel whole. Like I had always been half of who I was meant to be. With one last push at the cage she bolted forward and the change over took me. It was all like coming home. Like this is how it was supposed to be.

"Oh my God. Its you. You are our missing princess!" I heard one of the twins gasp as I stood up and shook out my glittering gold fur. Stretching out my legs I started to walk towards them. I guess seeing me as I am not scared them because they slowly backed away. Next thing I knew they had shifted and were for lack of a better word bowing.

Slowly I walked up to them and nudged them with my snout trying to get them to treat me like they always had but it was like they were seeing something that they thought they would never get to see again. When they wouldn't look up I thought that they were rejecting me. Whimpering I turned and ran. I knew that there was nothing I could do. They didn't want me anymore. I was heartbroken. I ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going I just knew that I had to leave.