3

"Yeah, whatever. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to be late for work." I opened my door and got in. I completely ignored him and headed to work. I was not going to break my promise to those beautiful creatures. I felt connected to them more than anything else in my life.

I took off down the road to the auto body shop that I worked at. Before I knew it, I was pulling into the employee parking lot. Getting out I headed inside.

"Cierra, you're early. Get ready there are a few cars here and some more coming in that I need you to look at." My boss explained.

"On it, boss man." I joked. I could hear him laughing as I headed into the back room to get my coveralls on. Taking a deep breath, I relaxed knowing that this is the only other place in the world that I wanted to be right now. I could destroy something without getting into trouble. It was great. I was free and it felt amazing. No one here would threaten to report me to my mother. I could do something good for a change. I head out to the garage and saw my boss talking to a nice looking young man.

"Cierra, this is Drake. He needs his oil checked and an engine diagnostic. Just hand her your keys and she will get you all taken care of." He said to the guy.

"I would, but there is a slight problem. I have a visitor with me and he is very protective of the environment he is in and it could prove to be difficult." The young man explained.

"Oh, that's okay. You can bring it back and I will guide you onto the ramp so I can look." I reasoned with a smile.

"Okay, sounds good." Drake said giving a small smile. He got into his car and pulled in. Slowly I guided him back into position on the ramps. I hoped down under the car and started to change the oil. After I climbed up and went to open the hood when I saw a big white wolf in the car. For some reason, it felt like I had seen him before. I stood there and stared at this magnificent creature. After what felt like hours, I heard what sounded like a whine. I walked closer and placed my hand on the window.

"You're beautiful. Are you ok? Would you like some water?" I asked the wolf. I kind of felt stupid doing so, but somehow, I knew he could understand me.

"That's amazing. He never lets anyone that close to him." Drake whispered softly, looking at me. I glance back at him and then at the window that wolf was pressing his head against.

"I don't know why, but wolves have always liked me. Just at lunch today I was out by a beautiful stream when two twin wolves came up and laid by me. I snapped pictures of one when he was drinking from the stream." I couldn't help but smile at the memory.

"Really, that's amazing. Can I see the picture?" He asked. I was a little nervous about sharing it after what happened with Levi and Trenton.

"I guess. hold on, let me get my phone. It is on the shelf under the car." I walked to the back of the car and climbed back under it. I grabbed my phone and climbed back out. I show him my lock screen. I had set the picture of the wolf as my background.

"Wow, that's awesome. He was so close to you. He kind of looks like this big guy here. Where was this taken?" He asked.

"It was on my school's property. There is this weeping white birch tree that's beautiful and the stream is right there next to it. I hide out there when I am having a bad day. For some reason, I felt like they stayed to keep an eye on me, like they knew I was not doing okay and they didn't want anything to happen to me. I know that sounds crazy. I don't know, just forget I said anything." I blushed and looked away.

"It's okay, I feel the same way about them. I have a few wolves on my property and I go out and watch them when they run. It is beautiful. Maybe you can come out and watch them with me sometime?" Drake asked.

"I would like that, but I am afraid I am unable to. I need to head home and take care of my mom. Since my father ran off she has pushed everything off on me. Here I go again with the rambling of nonsense. I am sorry." I apologized.

"No, it is okay. My mother abandoned my twin brother and I when we were babies so I understand the feeling. How about I give you my number and when you can get away just give me a call. I would love to share this with you." He said as he placed his number into my phone.

"I think I will. Thank you. Oh, I meant to ask is it okay if I pet him? Oh, and I need the hood of your car popped so I can do the diagnostic." I look up at him. He nodded and headed over to his car.

"Darrel come on you seem to want to meet her so why not come out to do it?" He said as he opened the car door. This giant wolf stepped out of the car and walked over to me. He sat down beside my feet and looked up at me. He looked at me while I gazed upon him. I reached down and rubbed his head and scratched his ear. He turned his head and pushed his ear farther into my hand.

"He likes you. Darrel is very averse to physical contact. He barely lets me touch him so him willingly going to you and pushing his head into your hand is amazing. Oh, and the hood is popped." I knelt and planted a kiss to his nose and stood back up.

"Okay Darrel, you handsome guy, I must get back to work. I will pet you again when I am done and Drake is settling the account with my boss how does that sound?" I ask as I head over to the car. I get back to work only to feel a presence next to me. I look and see the beauty that is Darrel. He is standing on his hind legs watching me while I worked. I smiled at him and continued checking to make sure there was nothing wrong with the car.

After a few minutes, I noticed that something was off. I checked again. I realized that there were a few wires loose in the engine and that the air conditioner was hooked up wrong. It was a miracle that it worked at all. I might as well fix the air conditioner while I am here. When I double checked everything after fixing what was damaged I stood up and headed over to Vinnie.

"Yo, Vinnie I am finished with his car. There was some faulty wiring in the engine and the replacement of the oil. Other than that, the car is in tip top condition." I said as I approached my boss. I head over to the work sink to clean the grease off my face. The entire time Darrel is following me. Once I am done with the grease I head over to my desk. I had to fill out the forms for Drakes car. While doing so I petted Darrel. When done I took the papers over to my boss for him to check over.

"Okay Darrel we are going to have to say good-bye for now. It has been great getting to spend time with you and everything but you must go. I have work. Be a good big guy and maybe I will see you again." I kissed his nose again. I grabbed the papers from the desk and headed back into the garage to work on the next car.