5

"So, it would seem. Thank you for tonight it was amazing. I look forward to talking with you again, soon. Have a nice night." I smiled and shut the door. He waved at me then proceeded to back out of the driveway.

"Okay come on Darrel lets go up to my room and get some sleep." We walked to the front door and headed inside.

"Cierra is that you? Can you come into the living room?" my mother called out.

"Yeah hold on. I must shower. I have grease all over me still." I called back. I knew it was a lie but I was not ready to face him yet.

"Okay but hurry up." She called back. Groaning I dropped my jacket off and hopped up on my bed. I patted the spot beside me and Darrel jumped up beside me and laid down. I really didn't want to go down there. I sat up. It was time to deal with the bullshit that was waiting for me. I headed down stairs. Darrel followed me. I entered the living room.

"Okay I'm here hurry up I have to get ready for school and work tomorrow." I grumbled.

"As you can see your father has come back." My mother said. He stood up and started to walk towards me when Darrel growled at him. I looked at the big wolf wondering why he just growled at my father. Not that I really cared. I was just curious. Shrugging my shoulders, I turned back to face my father.

"Cierra, you have grown into a beautiful young woman. I am so proud of you." He said reaching out to touch me. I flinched back. My flinching made Darrel place himself between my father and me.

"You have been gone for four years what did you expect? That you would walk back in and I would jump in your arms like the daddy's girl I was? That everything would be fine? I have cried for you every night since you left. I wanted my father back. Yet now that you are here I want nothing to do with you. You can stay and take care of her because I am done. I turn eighteen in less than two days. I am going to stay over at Levi's. I do not want to see your face. Since you left she has sat on that couch and not moved. She barely talks to me. Fuck, she can't even look at me most of the time. I do all the cooking and cleaning. I am tired of taking care of my mother. I should be out hanging out with friends, going to school games, thinking about college. Yet all of that was taken from me the minute you decided to walk out that door. So, fuck you. I will not be here to watch you and she be a happy family." With that I headed upstairs and packed what few items I had into suitcases and walked out the door.

I opened the passenger door and Darrel hopped in. I had no clue where I was going to go. Levi's parents are splitting up so there is a lot going on over there and I don't want to be in the way. I could call Uncle Harvey and stay with him. Upon thinking about it I pull out my phone.

"Cierra, are you okay. Why are you calling me?" Harvey said upon answering his phone. I knew that I had woken him up but I had no other choice.

"Dad is back. Can I come stay with you?" I said with tears running down my face.

"That is totally fine. I have a meeting with a potential investor in the morning so I am going back to bed. You know where your room is. Just let yourself in. You will tell me everything in the morning before school." He hung up. With that done I had one more call to make.

"Okay Darrel, I have to call Drake and inform him of the change of location. I hope he doesn't get mad about me waking him up." I whispered. After dialing his number, I waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" he said with a husky voice.

"I am sorry for waking you up but I wanted to inform you that Darrel and I are at another location for a couple of days. If you want you can meet me at the garage to pick him up tomorrow. I must go because I am pulling into my uncle's place right now. Good night and again sorry for waking you up."

"No Cierra it's okay. I will call you tomorrow so we can talk. Is that okay?"

"Yeah I only have class first hour after that I have free period until noon. After lunch, I have to go to work." I explained.

"Okay I will call you in the morning. I have a meeting first thing but after that I will give you a call. Good night." He said and we hung up. I got out of the car and grabbed my bags. Looking over I see Darrel waiting for me to open his door. Laughing I let him out.

"Okay big guy we have to be quiet. He is asleep and if we make noise he gets angry and starts mumbling like a child. Not a pretty sight." I whispered closing the door. We head to my room and shut the door and crawl into bed. I was asleep the minute my head hit the pillow.

The next morning, I wake up to my uncle gently tapping my shoulder.

"Cierra, you have to wake up. You need to get ready for school. Also, I woke you up early enough to tell me what happened." He said. I smile up at him. He was the only person who was always there for me no matter what.

"Okay. I will make breakfast. While cooking I will explain what happened." I sit up and climb out of bed. I enter the living room and spot Darrel laying on the couch. Interesting.

"Nice guest you have their Cierra." Harvey said from beside me.

"Yeah I met him yesterday at work. He was with a man named Drake. Last night I went for a walk and bumped into Drake again. Darrel wanted to hang out with me for the next couple of days. So, I allowed him to. It has been nice having someone or something care about me. I have been alone for years and this is nice." I laughed.