7

Arriving back home I only had Darrel. His brother ran off after my shift was over. I was kind of sad. It felt like a part of me was missing. It made no sense to me. Oh well. I head inside with Darrel's bed for the kitchen. Yeah, I know it was pointless but I went out and bought him a giant pillow. I also grabbed a giant bowl for my room so he can have water to drink. I love this big guy so much already. I place his pillow down under the island so he can see me no matter where I am at in the kitchen but he is also out of the way.

"Uncle Harvey what do you want for dinner?" I call out.

"Can you make your beef and chicken enchiladas?" He asked from the bathroom. I laughed because I knew that he was going to ask for that. He is so predictable.

"Yeah did you buy all of the ingredients?"

"Yeah they are all in the kitchen. I also bought you some coffee. Now about Drake. He said that he wants to be a partner. He will handle the business aspect of it and you will handle the physical. Also, his portion of the income from the business will start out rebuilding the dilapidated houses in the neighborhood. After that it will all be put into a bank for all the kids who work with you to get through school. No matter what kind of school it is. State college or trade college. He is really backing you on helping the people in that neighborhood." Uncle Harvey walked into the kitchen and started helping me dice the ingredients. I was putting the chicken in to boil when my phone started to ring.

"That's probably Drake. I will be right back. Finish up the veggies. After that the cheese needs to be shredded. I will be right back I am going to grab my headphones so I can talk while I cook. Do not touch anything else. Remember what happened last time you tried to help me." I ran into my room. I answered my phone. I almost tripped over Darrel as I turned to exit the room.

"Hey sorry it took so long I was cooking and my phone was plugged-in." I said upon answering my phone. He laughed.

"That's okay. So, what are you making?" He asked.

"Darrel go lay on your pillow I will be right in there I promise."

"Cierra, did you really go out and buy that big baby a pillow to lay on?" Drake chuckled.

"Yes, I did. I did not want him to lay on the cold floor in the kitchen. I also bought him a big water bowl for my room. He picked them out. I just bought them. It was funny. The people at the store freaked out. I want him to feel comfortable. I mean he stays beside me no matter where I go. He even tried to go into the bathroom with me earlier. It was funny." Laughing I head back into the kitchen to finish prep work for dinner.

"That is priceless. I have a few things we must discuss about the opening of the garage. When do you think would be a good time to meet up to talk about it? Tomorrow we are going to look at the possible buildings for the garage."

"Why don't you come to dinner and we can sit in my room and discuss everything. Uncle Harvey has a date after dinner." I looked at my uncle and saw him nod his head.

"Okay but there are a few things we must discuss apart from that as well. I will be there in ten minutes." He hung up.

"Cierra, I warned you about him sharing everything. His brother is an amazing guy so before you commit to Drake be sure you are ready to commit to them both. I love you. I don't want to see you get hurt. Also, there is something that your father should have told you. I didn't think it was my place. I also, didn't know if you got the gene or not since your mother is different from us. I know that this is going to be hard to believe but you are a lycanthrope. You can shift into a wolf. Same as me and the same as your father. Your father abandoned you because he is a rogue. He did not want to obey the rules that our alpha. I am sorry for keeping this from you. I understand if you want to yell at me. I left the conversation for your parents for too long. I never thought that they would act this way. I wanted to tell you when you were old enough to understand."