2

No one at this school knew about it. I made short work of the fence and headed out past the football field. There was a little trail that lead to the track. Off to the left of the track was another trail. This one lead to a little stream that ran through school property. I made it to the stream and found my favorite tree. A beautiful weeping white birch. I sat down on the grass under the tree and watched the water trickle down stream. Saw some fish jump out of the water. I closed my eyes and just listened to the sounds of nature. I was listening to the stream so intently that I almost didn't hear the approaching animal.

I glance around and see the most beautiful wolf I had ever seen. He was huge. He was of the purest white I had ever seen. I stayed still not wanting to spook him. I reached over and grabbed my phone to take a picture of him. To the left somewhere I heard a twig snap. I did not bother to look up. I quickly took a few photos of this beautiful creature. I heard a noise beside me. I turned my head to come face to face with another wolf. This one was identical to the last. Sitting down he easily looked me in the eyes. Something about him made me feel safe. Like nothing would hurt me. He flopped down and put his head in my lap. Flinching I reached over and rubbed behind his ear. He made a chortling sound. Maybe he likes this I thought. Not really paying any attention to the fact that a wild animal just laid his head down in my lap I continued to rub his ear. I start to feel drowsy so I decide that I was going to lay down and nap. I set an alarm on my phone for lunch. I placed my phone on my hoodie beside me. Slowly so not to spook the wolf I laid down and used his side as a pillow. Slowly my eyes start to close.

I wake up to my alarm going off. I slowly open my eyes and see that I am surrounded my fur. I look behind me and see the wolf I had taken pictures of laying against me. I sat up and petted both.

"I am sorry guys but I have to head back to school. I wish I could stay with you but sadly if I want to get my degree I must finish school. I come here every day so if you want to see me again I will be here. Same time as today." I cannot believe I am talking to wolves like they can understand me. I really hope I can see them again. I stand up and grab my hoodie and phone. Heading back to the trail I feel a nudge. I turn and see that they had followed me. I scratch both behind the ear again.

"I am sorry but I really must go. Come back tomorrow and I will be here. Promise." I explain to them. As if they understood me they bobbed their heads up and down. They turned and ran across the stream into the woods. With a final glance, I headed back to school. Upon walking into the cafeteria all noise stops. I look up to see what they were staring at and realized it was me. I glanced around and noticed that Trenton and his group weren't in here.

"What the fuck is everyone staring at. Get on with your lunch and leave me the fuck alone." I call out. Somewhere behind me I hear a chuckle. I turn and see Trenton leaning against a wall out of sight.

"Do you always yell at people? Or is it just today?" He asks. I glance at him then turn to head to my locker.

"So, you are going to ignore me? That's not very nice. I did save you from falling this morning." He laughed as he stepped in front of me.

"Not once did I ask for your help. I do not care if I had fallen on my ass or not. It would not make me cry nor would I blush and act all innocent. I am not some damsel in distress. I thanked you for catching me now if you do not mind I am hungry and need to get some food. Have a nice day and get the fuck out of my way." I say stepping around him.

"Damn you have courage and you're feisty. Remind me not to get on your bad side." He continued to follow me. I was getting really frustrated with the lack of not eating. I was getting to the point of where I wanted to stab a pencil into his eye.

"If you do not let me get some food and eat I will follow my urges and stab you in the eye with my pencil." I growled out. He just smiled and kept on his merry way of following me and occasionally blocking me.