15

KIARA

"Kiara! Shut your alarm, god damn it." Dina muffles.

"It's not my alarm!" I yell, annoyed that my sleep was disrupted.

Suddenly, we both got up. Consequently, we both hit our heads to the top of our fortress. Rubbing my head, I got out of the fortress and opened the door.

"No, we don't want the monthly--Excuse me, who are you?" I ask upon seeing three men in jet black suits in front of me, who looked a little startled.

Just then my phone rings. I stick my pointer finger, telling them to hold on. I see Damien's caller ID flashing through the screen and pick up the call.

"Hello." I greet him.

"Kiara, are you okay?" he asks, ignoring my greeting.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I ask back.

"I've sent people to help you with your stuff but they've been waiting for 30 minutes and reported to me that you would not open the door."

"Oh, I thought you were going to send them by noon--" I glance at the clock: 12:57 p.m.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry, we just had a girls' night with Dina and I guess I was tired. I don't know. We slept at 4! And--Hello? Damien? What the..." The motherfucker had hung up on my face.

"Um, please, come in. There isn't that much, anyway." I welcomed the three men. Showing the way to my room, I quickly gathered up the last minute things and shoved them in my bag.

Walking past my mirror, I realized that I still had my night mask on. I laughed out loud, remembering the three men startled by my mask.

I walked into the living room to make sure Dina had gotten up, but I saw that she had taken down our fortress and tidied up the room.

"Good morning, Dee."

"Morning, Kiara." she yawned, obviously not fully awake.

"I'm making breakfast. You can go take a shower or something."

"No objections here."

I walked to the kitchen and made some French Toast roll-ups, along with a berry smoothie. By the time I was finished, Dina walked in with a pastel pink floral crop top and denim jeans. Her hair was done and she wasn't wearing any makeup at all.

"Mhmm... It smells delicious."

"Come on, let's eat!" I exclaimed.

We devoured half the French toasts within 10 minutes, and I made A LOT to begin with. I saved some and placed them in packages. While Dina was doing the dishes, I went next to the three men to thank them for everything. I handed them the packages that had the French toast in it.

They left, thanking me for the French toast. I took a shower, and wore the outfit I had planned from the day before. It was quite simple, a gray crop top with denim shorts. I braided my hair in two and wore my watch. I threw on my white Adidas Superstar shoes. Looking at the mirror, I realize that my nails matched my outfit. Cute.

I need it to be simple today because I will be cooking the whole time. Comfort is key. Also, I had to make a good impression. I mean, my food did...

I grabbed my phone since that is all I had left. The men had taken everything else.

"Dee, I'm leaving!" I yelled, expecting her to hug me or something. I waited a minute but there was no Dina in sight.

Suddenly I see Dina running to the door with her bag.

"I'm coming, too. I mean, I'll leave in an hour but maybe I'll help and you know I won't miss the opportunity to enter Damien's house." she exclaimed.

"Okay. In one condition. You will NOT help me. I will work alone."

"Psh... I accept. Let's go!"

We walked to my car and drove to the address Damien had sent me.

It wasn't that far. The ride took 10 minutes. Music kept us busy.

I was not ready for the sight behold me.