51

KIARA

It took me a while to get back to our room because I still didn't know my way around these halls. During my long journey, I decided that there was definitely something that this family was hiding...but what? And what role did Damien play in this secret? Was this all about Dana?

I decided I should stop playing detective for my own sake and well being. I couldn't stop worrying for Dana but there was nothing I could do. I would just have to wait for Damien.

I was starting to get really hungry. We hadn't eaten anything as we barely even sat properly before the news broke out. I didn't understand. She was engaged and would be married before the baby came out. What was the big deal? And where was her fiance?

I changed into one of Damien's shirts and shorts. I didn't think we were going back to the dinner table. I sat on the bed and thought if I should really be getting involved. I wasn't in the family and I was no cop. So, it was none of my business.

But, if every bystander walked away, what would become of the victims?

My conflicted thoughts were interrupted by Damien's arrival. I didn't know what to say. Do I ask him questions? Do I yell at him? I decide to stay silent and wait for him.

He sat beside me and unbuttoned his shirt. He stopped midway and turned around to face me. He looked tired and drained but he didn't look mad. He sighed and pulled me into a hug.

We laid down and stayed like that for a while. It was comforting for me so I was hoping Damien felt the same way. 

"What did you do?" I asked, my tone low and shaky.

"I'm going to take a quick shower." Damien got up to walk to the bathroom, completely disregarding me.

I was getting annoyed again. I didn't know what this man was capable of and I don't think I wanted to continue with this game any longer.

I followed him to the bathroom and demanded him to tell me what the hell was going on.

Okay, maybe I didn't sound as bold as I hoped I would but it went somewhere along that line.

"What are you doing, woman? I'm stripping."

"Damien, you can take your shower after you've explained everything to me."

"If you want to join me in the shower, you're welcome to and I can explain everything there," he suggested with a smug smile.

I slapped his arm and yelled at him but my stomach was doing somersaults. 

"Stop. Stripping. And. Listen. To. Me." I tried to prevent him from taking off his pants.

"Kiara."

His sudden change in tone made me look into his eyes. The hazel orbs looked almost black.

"W..what?" I asked, confused. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. 

Damien walked towards me as I walked backward until I hit the vanity. He lifted me so that I can sit on the vanity top and spread my legs so he can stand in front of me. My legs wanted to wrap around his waist but I pushed down any urges I had.

"You can't play around with my belt like that and not expect me to get aroused."