Epilogue: 5 Years Later

Lisa’s POV:

Luke and I celebrated our five year anniversary the other day, and let me just say that it was absolutely AMAZING. I can’t imagine what my life would be like if I went home and stayed with my mom back in Florida. I visit her from time to time, but it gets pretty expensive so if I do visit her and my other friends, I stay for a few weeks just to make the most of my trip. I’ll admit, sometimes when I go back home, I mean, back to Florida I feel like staying just because I miss my other friends and my parents, but Melbourne was my home now.

I’ve made even more friends since I’ve moved here, and Luke and I got our own apartment together. We usually have a little get together once a month and invite our usual group to our apartment to hang out. We were all still friends, but we have definitely had our ups and down these past few years.

I go to college now, with Emma and we both took a major in videography. The boys still make their videos so filming for them gives us some experience. Its two things we love being around at the same time. What could be wrong with that? Life was great.

Luke’s POV:

For mine and Lisa’s 5th anniversary, I cooked Lisa a nice dinner and we watched movies practically the whole night. I was so anxious. I was sitting there, and I knew I should do it. I had the chance. The ring was in my pocket. Every time I would make a move to get the ring from my pocket, I chickened out. I had nothing to be afraid of, besides her saying no I guess. What were the odds of her saying no? We have been together for 5 years, and we lived together. The least I could do was propose.

Since I didn’t do it that night, I knew I had to do it soon. I wanted to do it when she least expected it, but honestly I don’t think she was ever suspecting it at all. It was July 2nd, and we were all together with the rest of group.  I always kept the ring in my pocket, just in case. “Do it now! Do it now!” my mind kept telling me. Everyone was already here and gathered, so I did it. I got down on one knee, pulled the box out of my pocket, looked Lisa straight in the eye and popped the questions. Tears welled up in her eyes as well as mine, followed by a huge “YESS!” Everyone clapped and cheered as I slid the ring onto her finger. Beau pulled out his phone and tweeted about or engagement and I got tons of tweets saying how happy they were for us, and some others saying “That should be me.”

Life was great.

Emma’s POV:

Yes, Skip and I were still together. We had our fights and arguments but in the end, we still loved each other. Ever since Lisa and Luke got engaged, he has been talking about getting married. I was all for the idea, but I wasn’t so sure about him. We’ve been living together for quite a while, and we loved each other’s company, so why not? Other than that, Skip and I were absolutely fantastic.

I went to school with Lisa, and we both really enjoyed it. I’ve always been interested in some type of photography but I’ve always liked taking videos more than still pictures. I loved taking videos for the boys’ videos. It was difficult not to laugh at them all the time, but if people just heard my laugh during all the videos, that would be terrible. I think the boys would hate me for that, but hey, they’d get over it.

I haven’t spoken to my mom since I left Florida a little over 5 years ago, and that’s just the way I wanted things to be. I enjoyed my freedom and being able to make my own decisions. Out of all of the 21 year-olds that I know, I was definitely the most responsible, besides Lisa and a few others.

Skip’s POV:

Being with Emma for 5 years has been quite a journey. We’ve had our arguments and our moments but we both loved each other. She has been talking a lot about getting married lately, but I’m just not ready for that type of commitment. I and Luke are completely different when it comes to relationships. Emma was the first girl I’ve had an actual long term relationship with. Maybe later down the road, we would talk about marriage. For right now, I liked where we were.