Chapter 9: Lisa's POV

We finished the movie but I basically missed the last hour of it. I was too distracted thinking about Luke and what could have happened between him and James. Beau, Hannah, and Skip walked Emma and I back to our hotel. It was a pretty silent walk. I think we were all pretty worried about Jai and Kerry…

“Have a good night guys.” I said as I was walking up to the room. “I’ll see you inside Emma.” I knew she would want to say goodbye to Skip, so I left them alone.

“See ya Lisa!” said Skip and Beau. Hannah didn’t say goodbye, but that was fine. I didn’t really know her all that well.

I was in the room for about 5 minutes, and then Emma came in. She startled me at first, but then I realized it was just her. She seemed kind of upset and I knew it wasn’t because of Jai…

“What’s wrong Em?” I asked.

“Lisa… I’m not going back to Florida.”

“What? What do you mean you aren’t going back?”

“Before we came here… my mom kicked me out of the house. She said I was old enough to live on my own and she was tired of having me there. You know how my mom is. I am just going to stay here with Skip…”

“Emma, you can’t. You are my best friend; I can’t leave here without you…”

“I don’t know what to tell you Lisa… I already talked to Skip about it. He’s going to help me find a job and I will finish school here. There’s only a few months of school left anyways.”

“I can’t believe you are doing this…” I said to her before storming off.

I jumped onto my bed, and just started crying. Eventually, I fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night and grabbed my phone hoping to see at least one message or missed call from Luke, but there was nothing. I called him but he didn’t answer. I was hoping he was just in bed sleeping, all safe and sound but I obviously wasn’t positive. I was just hoping for the best. I fell back asleep in a matter of minutes.

I woke up around 9:00, and I still didn’t have any messages or calls from Luke. I called Beau, but he didn’t answer either. I am pretty sure he was still sleeping; he was the one who always slept the latest. I walked out of my room and saw Emma packing her things.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“What does it look like I am doing? I’m packing.”

“For Skip’s?”

“Well I’m not going to back to Florida, so yes. Where else am I supposed to go?”

“Just come back to Florida with me. You can stay with me and finish school. Then you can come back here and stay all you want. I’m not ready for you to leave Em.”

“I have to Lisa. I can’t go back.”

“Is there something you’re not telling me? Is there another reason you won’t go back?”

“No Lisa. I already told you, my mom kicked me out. I’m not going back.”

“Whatever Emma, I’ll see you later I guess.”

I got dressed and fixed my hair and left the hotel. I wanted to go to Luke’s to see if he was there. It didn’t feel like it took me very long to get there, but I had so much on my mind. I finally got there, and knocked on the door. After about 3 minutes, Beau answered the door. It was obvious he had just woken up.

“Is Luke here?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He said as he crawled onto the couch.

“You don’t know? Did he ever come home last night?”

“I don’t know.”

I checked his room. Empty.

“Beau… he’s not here.”

Beau immediately got up and got dressed. The look on his face terrified me. I knew something was wrong. Where could he be? I was such a nervous wreck.

Beau walked over to the door and looked at me.

Let’s go.”