Chapter 16

Daniel's POV

Becca marched towards me and slapped me… right across the face. The look on Emma’s face just showed pure horror. I held my check and looked back at Becca, waiting to hear what she had to say.

“WHO IS THIS DANIEL?!” she screamed at me.

“Excuse me?” Emma said. “Who are YOU?!”

“Go ahead Daniel, tell her who I am. Go on.”

I stood there frozen. What was I supposed to say?! I knew I couldn’t avoid this situation, but I needed a little extra time to think.

“Skip, just tell me. Be honest with me.” Lisa said.

I didn’t want to hurt her. Emma meant more to me than Becca, but I can’t just say that right in front of Becca.

“It’s no one Lisa, let’s go.” I grabbed Emma’s hand and tried to just walk away.

“No Daniel, I want to know who this is.” Lisa demanded.

“There’s no easy way to say it Emma. This is my girlfriend, Becca. Well… she WAS my girlfriend. When I met you… you just made me forget all about her. I want you Emma, I don’t want her.”

“Wow Daniel.” said Becca. “Why couldn’t you just talk to me about this? I have officially lost all respect for you! Have fun with your new little ‘girlfriend’. I don’t want anything to do with you anymore!”

She walked off crying. I felt terrible. “Oh,” Becca said as she was walking away. “I know where your other little friend is. Good luck finding him.” Then she ran off.

She was bluffing. How could she POSSIBLY know where Luke is? Wait… how did she know Luke was missing? Did she say OTHER friend? I needed to get to the bottom of this.

“I need to go to Beau’s house. Join me?” I asked Emma.

“No Skip… I am just going to go back to my hotel. I’ll… I’ll see you later.” I knew she was hurt…

She left me standing there, completely alone and helpless. How could I be so stupid? Why didn’t I break up with Becca right away? There were so many things I had wished I had done differently…

I walked to Beau’s house by myself. It was definitely a lonely walk, but I needed to tell them about Becca. When I got there and walked in, the first thing Lisa said to me was, “Where’s Emma?”

“She went back to the hotel… I think you should go meet her there. Don’t ask what happened, she will tell you everything.”

Lisa immediately walked out of the house and to her hotel.

“Guys… I really need to talk to you. It’s about Luke.” I began. Beau and Luke got nervous. The tone in my voice made it sound worse than it actually was.

“I ran into Becca earlier while I was with Emma. I told Emma that Becca was my girlfriend, and basically just broke up with Becca… but as she was walking away she told me that she knows where Luke is…”

Their jaws almost hit the floor. “I need one of you guys to talk to her so we can find out where Luke is.”

“I’ll do it.” said Jai. “Luke is my brother; I will do anything for him…”

“No Jai, I want you to stay here. He’s my brother as well. I just got you back, I couldn’t stand to lose you again.” said Beau.

We all stood there for a moment.

Then Beau said, “Bring me to Becca’s house.”

We got in the car, and I told him the way. When we got there, I laid down my seat so you couldn’t see me in there from the house. With my seat down, I couldn’t see anything that was happening at the front door. It started to get dark outside, and I couldn’t wait much longer. I put my seat back up and noticed she must have taken Beau inside.

“It’s going to be a looong night.” I thought.