Chapter 28

Beau's POV

When I finished talking to Skip, we all sat in my living room, just having normal conversation like usual. Normal for us, anyway. I took my phone out of my pocket and sent a text to Beth.

“I’d really love to see you again. When are you free?” I sent.

“How does tonight sound? :)” she replied.

“Perfect, send me your address and I will pick you up at 8.”

Did I really have a date tonight? It’s been quite a while since I actually had a DATE with someone who wasn’t Hannah. Skip caught me smiling at my phone, how embarrassing…

“What are ya doing there Beau?” he said, teasing me.

“Just setting up my date for tonight. Remember that girl from the park? She wants to hang out.” I said and winked at him.

“Well we have to come with you. She could be… crazy. You just never know these days.” Jai said, jokingly.

“Maybe we can all hang out later, I want to know what you guys think about her. I don’t really know her myself, but let me tell ya, she’s absolutely gorgeous.”

We all chuckled and little bit and then Luke, Lisa, and Emma walked through the front door. We all looked over at them, kind of surprised. None of us thought Lisa would come back after our little meltdown at the park.

“Hey guys.” She said, with the brightest smile on her face. “I’m staying!”

We all jumped up and hugged her. Skip apologized for what happened and the park and she just blew it off telling him not to worry about it. She had a great personality and I was glad my brother found someone like her.

“So Luke, your brother already has a new girlfriend. Crazy, right?” Skip said.

Luke didn’t say anything but he just came over and gave me a high five. I knew I loved him for a reason.

I left to go pick up Beth and I made everyone else wait at the house and I would have them meet me at Luna Park later. I pulled up into the driveway of one of the biggest houses I have ever seen. I mean, it was GIANT. She walked out of the house as soon as I was going to get out of the car, but I got out anyways and opened the door for her. She looked beautiful. I texted my brothers to tell everyone to meet Beth and I there.

Her house was only about 10 minutes from Luna Park but we held a pretty decent conversation the whole ride there. We arrived and I introduced her to the whole group. When I introduced her to my brothers, she looked a little nervous which made me kind of nervous too.

“Please don’t be mad at me if I mix you two up…” she said and then smiled.

I didn’t think Beth would really fit into our group, but she actually fit in really well. She played along with all of the games we were playing, and she even laughed at my brothers’ lame jokes. After we were all worn out, we sat on the grass. Beth and I sat separate from everyone else.

“So tell me about you.” I said to her.

“Well what do you want to know?” she said as she smiled at me.

“Everything.”

“Well, I’m 18. Born and raised in Melbourne. My parents are divorced and that house you picked me up at is actually my mom’s friend’s house. We have been staying there since the divorce. Things have been pretty tough on my mom, but me and my sisters all have jobs and help save up money for our own apartments… but enough about me. Tell me about you.”

“I’m 18 too, and my dad left us when we were younger. It’s just been me, my brothers, and my mom my whole life. My mom is by far my best friend in the world. There’s really not much else. I’m more of a laid back and go with the flow kind of guy.”

“Well, I think you are great. You and your brothers; your mom raised you all very well.”

I knew it for sure, she was a keeper.