Chapter 4

I couldn’t go home now! I was finally having such a great time and I had just met some great people. Why would she want me to come home? I started getting worried. My mom would only want me to come home if something was wrong…

I texted her back and said, “Why do you want me home?”

She called me so I excused myself from the group. I answered and she said, “I made a mistake letting you go there by yourself. Also, I didn’t tell your father that I let you go there especially by yourself. Every day since you have been gone, he has been calling asking where you are. I’ve been telling him you were out with friends, but he’s starting to get suspicious. You need to come home before he finds out you are in Australia. Please Lisa, for me.”

I felt so sad knowing I had to leave, and if I left that mean that Emma would have to come with me. I couldn’t do that to her. She was having such a great time, and so was I.

“Mom, why don’t you just tell him that you let me come here? What are you so afraid of? I’m 17 and you told me yourself that you trust me. And I’m with Emma, what could possibly go wrong?”

“Lisa, just come home. You can go back the next Christmas.”

I stayed silent for a second. “No.” I said and hung up. I didn’t see what the problem was…

I couldn’t go home, just not yet. I had barely been here a week, and I couldn’t leave Luke, or any of the other boys. I was just starting to get to know them.

I walked back to the group who were conversing and it looked like they were having a great time. “Is everything alright?” Emma asked. “Yeah, everything’s fine. She was just checking up on me. You know how moms are.” I knew that it wasn’t okay but I didn’t want to tell Emma about what my mom said. It would make her upset as well.

“Do you guys want to come back to our place?” said Jai.

We all agreed on going to Jai and Luke’s house. When we got there I finally got to meet Beau. I recognized him immediately from when Emma showed me the train video yesteday. “Hey Beau. Hey Hannah.” Luke said as we walked inside. “This is Lisa, my uh… friend.” Luke said. Did he just hesitate? Oh my gosh, he hesitated.

“Hey.” Beau and Hannah said at the same time.

“Oh and this is Emma.” Skip said.

I swear Emma was about to faint. She got so excited to meet him; she didn’t even know what to say. She just smiled, and then her face turned bright red. We all sat in their living room and just talked. “So where are you guys from?” Beau asked.

“We’re from Florida.” I answered.

“Woah! Florida? That’s… insane! When do you guys go back?”

“Whenever we want, but school starts again in a few weeks.”

They kept asking me and Emma what it was like in Florida, and they just seemed so amazed. They were acting the same way we were when we first arrived here.

“I guess you guys will have to come and visit sometime.” I said.

It was getting late so Luke offered to drive us home. I happily accepted, and knowing Emma was coming, Skip tagged along.

It didn’t take long to get back to our hotel, and there was hardly any traffic. When we got back to the house, Luke and I stayed outside for a few more minutes. Skip and Emma already said goodbye, so Emma went inside and got ready to go to sleep. I didn’t want to say good bye to Luke.

“Emma…” he said, taking my hands, “I really like you. I know we just met today, but I really… really like you. I know you will have to go to Florida eventually but while you are here… will you be my girlfriend?”

Oh my gosh… did Luke Brooks just ask me out?!