Chapter 15

Beau's POV

I couldn’t believe it. I honestly thought I was dreaming at first. I was so glad to have Jai back; I was just so relieved. “Wait, where’s Luke?” “Wasn’t he with you?” I asked.

“It was just me and Kerry. It was James who had taken us… can you believe that?”

“So Luke isn’t with you? He’s still missing?”

“Yeah… We will find him Beau. Don’t worry.”

I walked out of my room and put on my shoes and left the house. I saw Skip and Emma outside. They were ALWAYS together and sometimes it was just too much. I was determined to find Luke TODAY. I wouldn’t sleep, I wouldn’t eat, I wouldn’t take a break until I found my brother… my best friend.

Skip’s POV:

How was I supposed to tell Emma that I have a girlfriend? Don’t get me wrong, I am crazy for Emma… but then there’s Becca. We have been friends forever, scratch that, we have been BEST friends since as long as I can remember. She has always been there for me and I have always been there for her. We just had such a close friendship.  When I met Emma, everything just changed. Emma made me forget about Becca. There was something special about her. She just made me so… happy.

I feel kind of bad for blowing off Becca all week, but I still haven’t figured out what I was going to do. I know I am going to have to break up with Becca, but I just don’t know how to yet. I still want to be her friend, but breaking up with someone is so much easier said than done. I didn’t want to ruin my friendship with Becca with our relationship. Been there, done that and I DON’T want to do it again.

“Babe… what’s really wrong?” Emma asked, interrupting my constantly flowing thoughts.

“It’s really nothing, just some stuff. Everything is perfectly fine.” I held her hand just for reassurance, but I don’t think she was buying it.

“Do you want to go hang out somewhere else?” I asked. I was getting pretty bored just sitting in Beau’s driveway, and I just didn’t feel like waiting for them anymore.

“Yeah, sure.” Emma said.

I had no idea where to take her, so we just walked around the quiet outskirts of the city. While I walk, I tend to keep my head down facing the floor.

I looked up, and then I saw her…

Becca.

“Let’s go this way Em.” I said to her, pointing in a different direction, but it was too late. She already saw me.

“WHAT THE HELL SKIP?!” she yelled.

Here we go…