Chapter 13: Lisa's POV

I sat there with Beau, both of us crying and I was just trying to comfort him. The only problem was that I didn’t know how… After a few minutes Skip and Emma came to our side and tried to comfort the both of us. This was one of those moments where I just wished that I knew that everything would turn out okay in the end. I knew how much finding Luke and Jai would mean to Beau. From that moment on, I swore to be on the lookout nonstop for the both of them. I wouldn’t give up, no matter how hopeless I became. I will put every last drop of energy I have to find them. But I only had two weeks…

We set off once again. I think it was best for Beau to stay home and get a little rest. He was getting way too stressed about the entire situation, and I completely understand why but I don’t want him to get TOO stressed. We brought Beau back to his house even though he was reluctant. I brought him into his bedroom and made sure he laid in bed and he was comfortable.

“Lisa…” he said as I was walking out of the room.

“Yeah Beau?”

“…Thank you.”

“There’s no need to thank me Beau. I’ll be back later okay? I’ll have my phone so call me or Skip or Emma if you need anything, alright?”

“Alright, just keep me posted if you hear anything.”

I shut off the light and waited a few minutes outside of his room. I checked back in to see if he had fallen asleep and luckily, he did.

I walked back outside with Emma and Skip.

“Why don’t we call James to help us?” Skip suggested.

“Yeah, call him.” I said.

He didn’t answer.

“Maybe we should just go to his house and see if he’s busy…” Skip said.

I thought it was kind of suspicious how James just kind of disappeared as well… did he get kidnapped too? I highly doubt it, but anything is possible.

We started walking to James’ house. I was silent the whole walk over there. I was scared. I wanted to know so badly if Luke and Jai were okay. I know I just met them and all, but they really did mean a lot to me.

We finally got to James’ house and Skip knocked on the door. James answered the door almost immediately.

“Oh. Hey. What’s up guys?” James asked casually.

“Hey man, we were just wondering if you wanted to help us look for Luke and Jai…”

“Um, thanks but no thanks. I’m kind of busy right now.”

He was acting really suspicious, and he was talking really quietly… almost like a whisper. I decided to talk louder and see how he reacted.

“ALRIGHT JAMES… WELL WE WILL SEE YOU LATER THEN.”

That’s when I knew something was up. I heard voices, a boy and a girl. The voices were muffled though; I needed to figure out what they were saying. I kicked the door open and ran inside. James chased me and told me to get out of his house, but I didn’t listen. I followed the sound of the voices and it led me into what I thought was the bathroom. As I got closer I distinctively heard the voices saying “Help!” and “Get us out!” When I opened the door, I saw that there was absolutely nothing in this room.

Nothing except for Jai and Kerry.