Chapter 14

Jai's POV

We sat in silence for what felt like days, even though it had only been a few hours. There was a knock on the door, and James left the room. I heard a few familiar voices. “Is that Skip?!”I said to Kerry. We began yelling for help. “HELLLPPPP!” Then I heard Lisa’s voice. She was speaking awfully loud and I wasn’t sure why, but Kerry and I began to shout a bit louder. We heard footsteps getting closer and closer to the door. Lisa entered the room in a hurry.

“LISA!” I screamed! Following closely behind her was James. “LISA LOOK OUT!” I warned her, but it was too late. James had tackled her to the ground, something I would never expect him to do, at least to a girl and one he just met… Behind James was Skip and Emma. Skip managed to pry James off of Lisa. I grabbed Kerry’s hand and ran out of the room. Lisa and Emma followed us out of the house. Skip was running out of the house faster than I have ever seen him run before. “COME ON!” he shouted.

LISA’S POV:

We all ran down the block, and when I didn’t see James behind us anymore, I knew we had lost him. We were all tired and out of breath so we found a nearby bench and sat down to rest. “Wait, where is Luke?” Jai said.

“He’s uh… we have no idea. We just figured you two were together. We still need to find him…” Skip said.

“Take me home.” Jai demanded.

We walked to Jai’s house and I woke up Beau with Jai standing right next to me.

“Beau…” I said. “Beau, wake up.”

“Lisa… I got this.” Jai said.

He inhaled like he was about to scream and I flinched.

“BEEEEEAAAAAUUUUUU!” he yelled.

Beau woke up, and at first it didn’t really click. As soon as he was awake enough to realize what was going on, he jumped out of bed and hugged his brother ever so tightly. It was such an emotional moment. Beau was so happy to have one of his brother back, but I knew we needed to find Luke and soon.

Where could he POSSIBLY be?