Chapter 17

Lisa's POV

I ran to the hotel as fast as I could. I hated when Emma was sad. I hated seeing anyone I cared about sad. I needed to know what happened so I knew if I could make it better or not. I finally made it to the hotel and ran inside. I saw Emma in the kitchen area making some lunch. She actually seemed pretty happy. I knew her better than that. I knew she was just trying to put on a brave face.

“Hey Em. What are you doing here?”

“Ehh, I just needed a little break. Get some rest. Want a sandwich before I put everything away?”

“Um, no thanks, I’m fine.”

I sat down at the table and she joined me.

“So… how are you and Skip?”

“We’re great! Why?”

“Don’t lie to me Em. I know something happened. Just tell me.”

“Well Skip introduced me to his girlfriend, well his ex-girlfriend, and he told me how much I mean to him. Then I came here. I wanted to absorb everything first and I’ll just talk to him about it later.”

“Are you sure you guys are okay?”

“Yeah, we’re great, better than ever.”

It was great to see her smile, but I just wasn’t buying it. Why would Skip tell me to come all the way down here, just to be greeted by a happy Emma?

“So…”I said, “Does that mean you are still going to stay with Skip?”

“I told you Lisa. I’m not moving back to Florida. There’s nothing you could say that would change my mind.”

“Okay Em. I know I’m not going to change your mind…” I started to walk out the door. “But if anything happens between you and Skip, and you have to come back… don’t come to me.”

SKIP’S POV:

I was still just sitting in that car. How long was Beau going to be? I decided to call him.

“What?” he answered.

“Dude, hurry up. I’m tired, I’m hungry, and I have to pee. What is taking you so long??”

“Give me a minute.” He said to Becca. Then to me he said, “Do you want me to figure out where Luke is or not?”

“I just didn’t think it would take this long is all. Can you at least give me the keys so I can drive back to your house?”

“I can’t just come and give you my keys. That’s way too suspicious.”

“Well then hurry up! Just come back tomorrow or something!”

“Just be patient.” He said and hung up.

I didn’t want to be in this car anymore. I was thinking about just walking home but it’s just too risky considering what has been happening to all of my other friends. I guess I would just have to wait. I eventually just fell asleep.

I awoke to Beau getting in the car and driving off. “What did you find out?” I asked him.

“Nothing yet… but I’m getting there. Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it. I will get there eventually. Just go back to sleep and I will wake you when we get to your house.”

I fell back asleep, but when I woke up… I wasn’t in my house.