Chapter 3

When I arrived at the park, not only was Jai there but he also brought Luke! I couldn’t believe it!

“Hey Lisa, this is my brother Luke.” Jai said.

“Hey Luke.” I said. I couldn’t help but blush. He was so cute.

“Hey.” He said; he looked like he was blushing as well.

We all just stood there awkwardly for a moment until Jai finally broke the tension.

“Well you guys have fun and I’ll see you later.”

“Wait, you’re leaving?” I asked.

“Yeah, I have plans with Kerry. We can all catch up tonight if you want. We could call Skip and Emma and see how they are doing also. Maybe have a little party at our house?”

“Sounds great, well we’ll see you later.”

Jai walked off so I turned back to Luke. It was awkward for a few seconds but eventually we found a few conversation topics.

“So you and Jai are twins?”

“Yeah. It’s kind of annoying actually when people mix us up. Not many people can tell us apart.”

“That’s strange because I could tell immediately. That spot you have on your nose is a dead giveaway, and it’s really cute too.”

He started blushing so I did too. We walked around Luna Park for hours. He was so easy to talk to. I knew automatically that I really liked this kid. Jai called Luke, and their conversation was quite short.

“Oh my gosh…” Luke said.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. I got a little worried.

“It’s already 7:00, we should check on everyone. I think Jai and Kerry are walking around the city, and that’s where Skip and Emma are too, right?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“We can go meet up with Beau and Hannah also if you’d like.”

“Who?”

“Beau is my older brother, and Hannah is his girlfriend. She’s a sweetheart; I think you’ll really like her.”

Luke and I walked to the city and eventually caught up with Jai and Kerry. I called Emma and she told me that she was out at dinner with Skip and she would meet up with us later.

“Where are you guys at for dinner?”

“We are at some place called Ezard, I think.”

“Is it cool if we join you guys? I think we are all pretty hungry. It’s just me, Luke, Jai, and Kerry.”

“Wait, you’re with Luke? How’s that going?”

“I’ll tell you later, but is that alright?”

“Sure, come on down.”

I told everyone about where they were, and asked if they all wanted to come. They all agreed and we began walking there. The walk was gorgeous. The sun was setting, and there weren’t too many people out in the streets. It was just so calm and peaceful and I was so happy that I had finally gotten to meet Luke… and he was single. That made it even better.

We got there and met up with Skip and Emma. They were having a nice dinner, but when Luke, Jai, and Skip were all together, they were CRAZY! It was so amazing; we all just had so much fun together. We all left the restaurant, and I decided to check my phone. I hadn’t checked it since I left the house earlier when I left for the park. It was already 9:00. I couldn’t believe how fast this day had gone.

I also had a text from my mom. I assumed she was just checking on me and making sure I was alright. I read it anyways.

“You need to come home.”