Chapter 24

Beau's POV

I couldn’t believe I did this to Daniel! What was I thinking?! I was just so desperate and I had no other options… what else was I supposed to do? It should even matter now. Everyone is back and safe. That’s all that really matters.

“I can’t believe you did that to your best friend Beau…” Hannah said to me.

“You can’t believe I did this? Why did you LET me do this Hannah? You are just as guilty as I am.”

“No, you MADE me do it!”

“How did I make you do it? I can’t make you do anything! You were the one who suggested that I leave him at your house.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t think you would actually do it, he’s your best friend. I had nothing to do with this…”

“Get out Hannah, get out! You can find another way to get home. Luke thinks he is sneaky stealing my car, I saw him. I need you to leave now before I say something I really regret.”

“It’s too late for that Beau.” Hannah said as she was crying. “We’re done.” She stormed out.

I ran out after her. “No, wait! Hannah, I can’t let you walk home in the dark. Just wait for Luke to come back and I can give you a ride.” She stayed.

We were silent the entire time, but Luke finally came back with Jai and Kerry. I grabbed the car keys from him without saying a word and got in the car. Hannah did the same. I drove her all the way to her house, a total hour of pure silence and awkward tension. When we got there she said goodbye, her last and final goodbye…

I drove home all alone, trying to hold back my tears. Hannah and I had been dating for about a year, and breaking things off now was harder than I had ever imagined… I got home and sat in the car for a few more minutes, making sure it wasn’t noticeable that I had been crying just a few minutes earlier. When all was said and done, I walked inside. Jai, Kerry, and Luke were all asleep when I got there so I knew that I should probably go to bed too. It was a long day and I needed the energy for tomorrow.

We were probably going to move Emma’s stuff into Skip’s house pretty soon knowing that they were actually going to be staying together. I wasn’t sure if Skip would really want my help, but I really felt the need to apologize to him. I texted him, hoping he would read it when he woke up.

“Can we meet somewhere tomorrow? I just want to apologize and talk to you.”

I fell asleep waiting for his reply.