Chapter 25

Lisa's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty horrible. Not like I was sick, more like I was sad. I knew I had to go back to Florida in a few days. In all honestly, I did miss my mom and the rest of my family but I was having too much fun to leave now! I couldn’t just leave Luke… or anyone else for that matter. It was so unfair that Emma was staying. I was just so jealous of her. And I was already used to Australia time so what’s the point of going back now?

…Maybe I won’t go back…

I called Luke to see if he was awake yet. I was so bored and wanted to hang out with him when I could.

“Hey, are you awake?”

“Yeah, why? What’s up?” Judging by the tone in his voice, I woke him up with my phone call.

“Do you want to hang out? I will come over in a little bit if you want.”

“Yeah, do you want me to pick you up?”

“No its okay, I’ll just walk. I’ll see you in a bit!”

I put on some real clothes since I still had my pajamas on. “Bye Emma!” I yelled, but then I remembered she wasn’t even here… My stay here was just getting sadder the longer I said just because I knew I had to leave. On my walk to Luke’s house, I called my mom.

“Hey mom.” I said when she answered.

“Hey Lisa, how is everything?”

“It’s great! Not ready to leave. How are things there?”

“Pretty lonely, I told your father about you leaving. He was pretty mad at first, but he is okay now. So when are you coming back?”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about Mom… I don’t think I am coming back. Emma isn’t coming back either…”

“Lisa, you can’t do that. You have to come home. You have school, and work and what about all your friends? What about me?”

“Mom calm down. I can finish school here, and I can have Luke help me find a job.”

“Luke? Who’s Luke?”

“He’s my boyfriend mom… if you met him you would really like him. He’s super nice and –“

“No, Lisa. You have to come home. I won’t let you stay there with a guy you just met.”

“No mom, you don’t understand. I’m staying and there’s nothing you can say that will change my mind. I can’t leave here. I absolutely love it here, I love the people, and I love the scenery. I’m not leaving. I will come to visit you of course, but I would need a job first. I’ve thought this through mom.”

“Fine Lisa. If that’s what you want.” She hung up.

I knew that telling her I was staying would hurt her, but it’s not like I would be gone forever…

I got to Luke’s house, and of course, he was still sleeping. I tried to wake him up, but he would just make weird noises. I jumped on his bed in an attempt to wake him up, but he just grabbed my legs and I fell next to him. He was finally awake. He looked so cute in the mornings.

We heard the front door open, and we both kind of freaked out a little bit. We ran out of his room to see who it was, but it was just James. And he had a girl with him…

“Oh hey James.” Luke said. “Who’s this?”

“Hey guys, this is Michelle… my girlfriend.”

“Aww James got a girlfriend!” Luke said, teasing him.

“I was just wondering if you guys wanted to go out for a little bit.”

“Yeah sure, want to bring Jai and Kerry and Beau along?”

“Sure, what about Hannah?”

“I think they broke up last night… When I came back from dropping off Skip and Emma, they were just sitting in the driveway. So I got out of the car and he just took the car keys from me without saying a word. I fell asleep before he got back.”

“Well that’s too bad; he can still come if he wants.”

“Let’s get him anyways. I have news for everyone and I want us all to be here. I will call Emma and see what they are up to.” I said.

LUKE’S POV:

We all made a plan to meet at Luna Park at 1. It was only 12, so we had a little time to just hang out. I was surprised Beau wasn’t awake yet. I woke him up, but he didn’t feel like doing anything.

“Come on man, just get up. Lisa said she has ‘big news’. Just get up and come to Luna Park with us.”

After a few more minutes of trying to get him to get up, he finally did. Lisa was in the other room talking to Michelle and James. I was happy for James, Michelle was perfect for him.

When it was almost 1, we all walked down to Luna Park. I only lived a few minutes from the park, so it didn’t take long to get there. We met with Skip and Emma and it was killing me what Lisa’s “big news” was

As soon as we got there and we were all together, I said, “Tell us your big news!”

“Guys…” she began. “I’m staying… here. In Australia.”

Was this really happening?