Chapter 2

“Hey Lisa, this is Kerry.” Jai said introducing me to who I assumed was his girlfriend.

I couldn’t believe that he would actually bring her. I couldn’t believe he wouldn’t tell me he had a girlfriend. I look over at Emma who was staring at both of the boys; it was kind of creepy if you ask me. She was so excited to meet them.

“Hey.” I said to Kerry. “Oh, this is Emma. She’s big fans of you guys.”

The rest of the evening was just ruined for me. As I expected, Emma immediately took a liking to Skip. Jai and Kerry were basically attached to each other the whole night, and Emma and Skip talked to each other all night. I wish Jai brought Luke; I’d love to meet him.

We said goodbye to the boys, and headed back to our hotel. It wasn’t far from the movie theaters so we just walked instead of getting a ride from Jai and Skip, even though Emma would have loved it. I just wanted to get home and sleep. This entire day just drained out all my energy. I was so upset that this night went so terribly. I even got all dressed up nicely for Jai, but I wasn’t too dressy or too casual. I wore a black and white skirt that went about to the middle of my thighs, and a white V-neck shirt with a black tank top underneath, and some gorgeous shoes to match. I thought I looked pretty good, but I wasted a nice outfit on someone who I knew I would never have a chance with.

“Thank you so much for taking me out with you Lisa. That was the best night I’ve EVER had!” I was glad to see that she was so ecstatic, but I don’t think she noticed how sad I was.

“Yeah, it was no problem. I think I am just going to bed. I’ll see ya.”

“Wait, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing, I am just really tired. What do you want to do tomorrow?”

“Actually… Skip and I made plans to walk around the city and he wants me to have dinner with him. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Well I will see you in the morning. Night.”

I couldn’t stop thinking about Jai. I wanted to know why he didn’t tell me he had a girlfriend… I gave in and texted him.

“Hey Jai, thanks so much for inviting me to the movies with you guys. It was fun x”

He replied fairly quickly.

“Don’t lie to me Lisa… I know you had a terrible time. Why were you so upset tonight?”

“It’s nothing, but I am really tired so I am going to go to bed. Goodnight”

He didn’t text back. Why didn’t I tell him? I eventually fell asleep. I hardly slept at all though… I kept waking up during the night.

The next morning, I woke up around 10:00 and Emma was nowhere to be found. As soon as I was about to call her, I found a note from her.

“Out with Skip, I got you breakfast. Call me later xx”

I ate my breakfast and layed on the couch. I had no plans for the day. I took a shower anyways, and checked my phone when I got out of the shower. I had two texts from Jai.

The first one said “Hey there.”

The second one said, “Got any plans for this lovely day? Xx”

Was he really asking me if I had plans? I texted back and said, “I don’t have plans, what have you got in mind?”

I got dressed and heard my phone buzz again. I was actually excited to read the message.

“Meet me at Luna Park, the same place where we first met. See you soon xx”

I finished getting ready, but I didn’t get all dressed up like I did last night. I was wearing skinny jeans, and my favorite tank top with gray vans to match my tank top. I left the hotel and began walking to Luna Park. I got a little lost, but I eventually found my way.

I was walking towards the bench where I had first met Jai and Skip, and when I looked up I was super excited with what I saw… or should I say with WHO I saw? I couldn’t believe he was actually here…