Chapter 10- A Bittersweet Alliance

Start from the beginning

Suddenly the footsteps slowly started to move in the opposite direction. I sighed in relief and moved my hand away from the tall man's mouth.
All of a sudden I felt something tap my shoulder. I turned back around to look at him,
"What?" I whispered. V didn't say a thing, his eyes were looking away from me and he looked very uncomfortable. I questioned his strange look before realizing the awkward situation we were in.
V was pressed back against one of the walls. My face was nuzzled into his chest and my back was pressed against the door.
I looked up to V only for my gaze to be met with his cadet blue eyes. His cheeks were painted a light pink hue. Just seeing his face made my face begin to heat up as well. His body was pressed up against my own and I could feel the warmth radiate off of him.

"I... Uh..." All of a sudden I felt the support from the door behind me disappear.

"THEY'RE OVER H--" I whipped around and punched him across the face, dropping the glove that I had been holding on the floor. He fell to the ground clutching his jaw.

I walked out of the closet and bent down, grabbing him by his neck. His hands reached up to my arm as my grip tightened.

You were trying to mess things up, weren't you?
I mentally asked the man,
You were trying to make my plan not work. You were trying to separate Ray and I. I can't let that happen.
My grip tightened even more to the point where I was on the verge of breaking his windpipe.
You were trying to separate Ray from me. You were trying to get me in trouble. I'll kill you, I'LL KILL Y--

"(Y/n), you did this?"
I heard someone say. I looked around to see where the voice was coming from. It almost sounded like Ray, but he was nowhere to be found.
"(Y/n), you killed this man?"
I felt my hand begin to shake. I clenched my eyes shut and yet the voice continued.
"Not only have you betrayed Mint Eye, but you're a killer too?! I'll never forgive you, NEVER!"

My eyes snapped open as I heard a gurgling noise coming from under me.
His eyes were beginning to roll back into his head and there was a stream of drool coming from the corner of his mouth.
My eyes widened.
What am I doing?!
I asked myself. I let go of the man's throat and stood up. His eyes had shut but his chest was still rising and falling.
I stared at the man for a second trying to comprehend what exactly had happened. I have to hide him. I grabbed his leg and dragged him towards the closet that I had been trapped in with the mint green-haired man.

"Move," I ordered the tall man who was still standing in the closet like a statue, his eyes wide.
He did as I said and moved out of the way.
As soon as he did I threw the body into the closet and shut the door.
I pressed my finger up against the scanner again and pressed lock. Another audible click was heard. I turned around and picked up my glove that had been thrown off in the spur of the moment fistfight, sliding it over my hand which had started to bleed again.
I clicked my tongue and looked left and right, carefully planning out our next move.

If I go left there's a staircase. That'll lead me to the ground floor and it's too far from the garden. That would work, the garden was the ideal exit point. I'll just have to erase the data from the camera.
I grabbed V's sleeve again and yanked him down the hall.

Once we made it down the stairs it was basically the home stretch. If we can just make it over to there we'll be safe for now. I told myself as I dragged V towards the exit.

I ran down the hall and stopped at the end. I checked left, then right, looking for anyone. No one. I took a sigh of relief and continued on my way. We're almost there.

Soon enough we had made it to the large glass double doors. I pushed them open just enough to peek outside. I knew there was a camera above the door so I grabbed a nearby rock and chucked it at the camera creating a spark of electricity before it fell to the ground with a crack sound.

I walked out of the double doors and into the cool and crisp air of the night. I held the door open for V but he just stood very still.

"Are you just planning on standing there?" I asked he didn't say anything. He was starting to get on my nerves. I grabbed his sleeve and yanked him outside. I continued to drag him around like a four-year-old before we got to the edge of the garden.

I pointed out into the woods.
"Keep walking in that directions 100 steps, then turn left and keep walking, it'll lead you to the man road, you can take it from there," I said to him. He still didn't say anything. I narrowed my eyes at the man, "Geez, thanks. I sure was a goner before you came to my rescue. Thanks a lot, how could I repay you?" I mocked the blue-haired man.

"Why did you save me?" he asked. I raised my brow from under the large hood that concealed most of my features.

"Why?" I asked, "do you want to know why?" He nodded. "...you want Mc... Right?" I asked. He hesitantly nodded, "you want her out of Mint Eye, yes?" he once again nodded. "Good, then I guess we're on the same team then."

"What do you m--"

"Listen, I want Mc out of here just as much if not more than you if you do as I say then everything will work out well, okay?" He nodded.
"Good, so listen up..."

.

.

.

"Got it?" I asked he nodded. "Good, I hope so because I'm not repeating myself" I stated, "By the way, from now on when someone asks you your number say A424, I created you your own profile, just try to avoid people at all costs." I was about to walk away when V stopped me.

"Do you have a phone?"

"What? Why?" I ask. He reaches his hand out as if to say 'give me'. I reluctantly pull my phone out, sign in, and hand him my phone.

After a few seconds, he hands the phone back to me. I look on the screen to see two new contacts and when I press home there's an app that reads 'RFA Messenger'.

"Why in the world do I need this?"

"If you need help just send a message there. Also, the first Email is one of the members of the RFA. Please send him the information that we discussed today." I narrowed my eyes at him. I had saved his ass and was now helping, and what does he do? He gives me more work. I gave a small sigh and nodded.

"I better get going, it's not good for me to be gone for long, the may suspect me," I said as I turned around and started to walk away. "See you around, V," I said as I gave him a two-finger salute and walked back inside.

___________________
Word Count: 1824