| SIXTY FOUR |

Chapter 64: The heart wants what it wants

~•~

After a lengthy chat with Professor Dumbledore about what was really troubling her Olivia had left his office a little close to six in the evening.

The headmaster wasn't stupid, nor was he oblivious. He'd been around Olivia to witness the main stages to her change in personality, every time she hit a bump in the road he was there. Every time something had happened he was there in the aftermath or during, ready to help and fix whatever damage had been done. So when an emotionally and physically exhausted seventeen year old he'd known since birth sat down in his office he knew something was troubling her.

The Hogwarts Headmaster hadn't a care that he'd missed meetings with the Ministry and other officials in the wizarding world, he saw a damaged girl in front of him who needed a shoulder. And so he gave her one.

Dumbledore expected something like this was to come as soon as she woke up after her heart had stopped back in the summer of last year. He knew the moment she opened her eyes she'd never be the same again and to tell that to a sixteen year old who'd just lost her father was one of his biggest regrets in his long life.

Dark magic never had a positive effect, especially when one used it upon themselves. Olivia hadn't deliberately made the changes to herself unlike Tom Riddle who had so desperately inflicted the magic upon himself. No, she was left that way after a spell containing such magic had gone horribly wrong.

It plagued her mind and darkened her thoughts.

Admittedly when she saw her father die Olivia had lost herself and every ounce of composure she thought she had. Everything she had ever learnt had been thrown out of the window in a heartbeat knowing her father's assassin, her own blood, was walking freely and boasting about the very thing. The irrational side of her mind had taken over before the normal response had time to even process the thought of Sirius being dead. She had been warned that loosing herself to something like that would never have a positive effect.

Deeper into the typical children's story of how Olivianna Black saved the wizarding world there was no explanation of how she silenced the wizard threatening them. She too had lost her composure to anger after first hand witnessing a loved one die and had brutally murdered the wizard. After a while she had made her way back to herself but in the heat of the moment what was supposed to be a pure soul had dipped into the disadvantage of her abilities.

Everyone has the light and the dark however according to the prophecy Olivianna would have to fight her own mind to which she acted upon. Any infliction with Dark Magic would have the dark rising quickly on a path to nothing but self destruct.

Of course Olivianna had remained pure even during the toughest times of her life however her ancestor, she never had the option.

The unwanted dark magic pooling through Olivia's veins brought the darkness to the front of her mind. It caused her to become more violent, more non caring about what she could do or would do and it would continue to worsen in time until it controlled her.

Dumbledore had unfortunately had to explain this to Olivia that evening and when she asked if there was a cure, a way to rid herself of the darkness and fix herself he had to rely the heartbreaking information to the already devastated girl.

'The only way to reverse what had been done could be at the hand of who had created it.'

In other words, the only way for Olivia to become normal again was to face Voldemort and to have him undo what he did and the chances of survival were depending on whether she was at full strength or not.