| FIFTY |

Chapter 50: Burning Liquor

"Oi, Harry!" Shouted Olivia as they left potions one day, she turned back around to face her friends, "Don't wait up."

The two girls moved away however Blaise and Draco remained still, one giving the girl a cautious look while the other simply sent daggers to the Gryffindor. Harry stood awkwardly a little way down the corridor, Ron and Hermione a few feet away from them as the entire exchange went down. On the opposite side of the room Olivia was moving towards Harry as she turned around and shooed Blaise, "C'mon Blaise I'll be fine, won't be long, just go." The two boys remained in their spots causing Serena and Alexis to roll their eyes, moving forwards they grabbed both boys by the back of their robes before pushing them in front and continuing to scold them.

Shaking her own head at their reluctancy to leave she shifted her attention onto the Potter boy, jogging to meet him.

"What's their problem?" Harry asked, his eyes still glued to Draco's back as they drifted out of view.

She waited a hand about dismissively, "Blaise is just going though one of his protective phases that's all."

"And Malfoy?" Ron asked, him too looking at the boy.

Olivia chewed the bottom of her lip before turning to see him at the very bottom of the corridor throwing still staring their way. His glare remained, even when Serena used all her effort, forcefully pushing him around the corner. Turning back to the trio she shrugged her shoulders, "I have no idea, it's not even like we're on speaking terms at the moment."

Ron scoffed bitterly, "I didn't expect you to be, the arrogant git."

Hermione hit his arm with her potions text book before turning to Olivia, "Why not, did something happen?"

"Uh yeah actually, just a classic disagreement. Him opening his mouth with a snide remark, me opening mine and handing him his arse rather abruptly before storming off – typical really."

The trio looked uncertain with the girl's answer but didn't bother to push the conversation, in the short amount of time they'd been around each other since the death of her father they'd realised sometimes she would give a less detailed account of something. It was often an vague explanation that they received, other times it was a shrug of the shoulders and a 'nothing'. It hadn't taken them long to catch on so they moved the conversation quickly.

"What was it you wanted?" Harry asked curiously.

Olivia blinked twice before snapping out of whatever trance she was in, "Oh, thanks Harry! I almost forgot, I actually need a favour."

"Go on."

"I need your potions book."

"My potions book? W-why would you need that?" Harry asked, defensive over the tatty book as he clutched it to his chest.

"I wasn't born yesterday Harry, you're a menace at potions – always have been, always will be. Whatever's in that book is helping you and well....I want in." She mused, a glimmer in her eyes. "I just want to copy your notes, I'll have it back to you by the weekend."

"Sure but don't lose it please." He begged, handing her the book.

She held a hand to her heart while gasping dramatically, "Who do you think I am?"

~•~

The traditional party Slytherin had held for many of years out at the Black Lake had been postponed for two weeks because of the whether conditions. Due to Scotland and it's apparent plans to rain that night too, the Slytherin party had once again been been cancelled. For almost all of the fourth years and above they were certainly unhappy about the sudden cancellation but two sixth years, the supposed planners of the event, were extremely happy.