Chapter 30

(peeta's pov)

Yesterday was a big success. Katniss had a good birthday and everyone enjoyed themselves. Tomorrow is finally the big day! We spent the whole of today getting the meadow prepared for our wedding, we've placed a wedding arch in front of the lake with primroses winding through it, the isle will be lit up with candles and we've also hung candles from the branches, then we've placed seats on either side of the isle. We decided to have the wedding at night with candles as our only source of light. I'm spending all day at the bakery so I can make our cake and so Cinna can help katniss prepare her dress.

(Katniss' pov)

I'm wearing a long white strapless dress with a long train on the back, Willow is wearing a short white dress with a pink ribbon going round the waist with a pink flowers attached to it, the bottom of her dress has pink petals in. She's going to be my beautiful flower girl, but because she cannot walk, Annie is going to carry her down the isle while Willow throws flowers on the floor. Finn is going to be the ring boy, my mother is going to carry him down the isle with our rings, Finn will be wearing a little baby tux, peeta's best man is Cinna. Johanna is my maid of honour as she is the closest person I have to a sister, and Haymitch will walk me down the isle, after all he has been like a father to me.

My mother is in the kitchen cooking dinner for us all while me Johanna, Annie and Cinna are I'm the living room talking about the wedding, "Are you excited or nervous?" Annie asks me, "Nervous, really nervous!" I tell them shaking, "You'll be fine, after all you are the girl on fire" Cinna tells me, he gets up and heads to the kitchen to help my mum with dinner. "Is Peeta still at the bakery?" I ask Johanna, before she gets a chance to answer, Peeta walks through the door, I run up to him and give him a hug, "Missed me?" He asks with a smile, I give him a playful whack on the arm "Of course I have! You've been in that bakery all day" I tell him, "The cake is ready for tomorrow! Now you've got me all evening!" He tells me giving me a quick wink, "Where are the twins?" He asks, I point upstairs "In their room pl-" before I finish my sentence he's already up the stairs. We sit in the living room for another ten minutes till dinner was ready, "Dinners ready!" My mum shouts from the kitchen, we all sit at the table with willow and Finn between me and Peeta. After we finished eating our dinner my mother told us that Peeta has to go to the guest house to stay over night, so that in the morning we can get ready separately. I walk Peeta to the guest house, "The next time I'll see you you will be Mrs Mellark" he says, "I love you peeta" I tell him, "I love you too Katniss, I'll see you tomorrow" he gives me a passionate kiss on the lips and we go our separate ways.