Chapter 8

Chapter 8

-

(Peetas pov)

I can't believe she just asked me to move in with her! I mean I knew it was coming but I thought I'd be asking her not the other way round. As soon as she asked me we headed over to my house and started packing everything up. I don't have a lot of stuff as I lost most of it in the bombings, all I have that means a lot to me is a photo of my family, a paint set that I got from my dad when I turned 5 and a rugby ball that I once stole from my older brother for a joke but never gave it back. This brings back a lot of funny and sad memories, but i don't have to worry about any of this as I can now make new memories with Katniss.

"Peeta, what are you going to do with your house now that it's empty?" Katniss asks me whilst packing some boxes, "I'm not too sure? Maybe keep it as a guest house?" I reply, "That's a great idea! When Joanna or Annie come down they will have somewhere to stay now" she replies to me getting excited about it. Once we packed everything up I decided to go over go the bakery and sort a few things out while katniss goes back to our house to make room for me, I love saying that, 'our house'.

(Katniss' pov)

I kiss Peeta goodbye, then I make my way back home, I decide to go the long way through the meadow. I love walking through the meadow, sometimes I wish I could live here then I would never have to leave this beautiful sight of the lake. I have time to spare before Peeta gets back so I get myself comfy on the grass and have a little nap before I leave.

I start making my way up the steps towards our house but something makes me stop suddenly, someone's in my house, I know it's not Peeta because I passed the bakery and saw him in the window, it can't be haymitch because be never comes round. I walk into the house silently trying not to let the intruder know I'm here, they're not in the kitchen so they must be in the living room. I walk in and see a person sitting on my couch, someone I never wanted to see, never wanted to talk to ever again because of what they had done in the pass. I'm so shocked I can just about say they're name "G..Gale what are you d..doing here?"