Chapter 44 / the final

Our little bubble of happiness didn't seem to last very long, apparently everyone in the Capitol are anxious for an update on their "star crossed lovers". Which brings me to today where Peeta and I are on our way to the Capitol to give an interview, our first ever one since winning the war. The thought of being back in the Capitol is haunting, goodness knows how Peeta is going to cope.

It's been an hour since Peeta and I arrived at the Ceasar flickerman show and the makeup artists haven't left us alone since. Out the corner of my eye I can see people fussing over Peeta's hair still, he looks at me with a smirk and shakes his head. They keep trying to style his hair for a good 10 minutes before they finally give up and let him come back to my side. Peeta turns to me with a nervous smile, "you ready?" He asks me, "I guess so, I just want to get this over with so we can get back home to the twins" I tell him. I've only been without them for a few hours but I already miss them so much. I just need to stop worrying and think about something else to take my mind off them.

I remember the day perfectly when Haymitch told us about Plutarch wanting an interview with us. Peeta told him that we weren't ready to go back to the Capitol just yet and I told him where Plutarch could stick his darn interview. It took a lot of time for Peeta to convince me that it'll be a good idea to go, he told me that once we've done this one it will be the last ever one.

Peeta and I are still being fussed over by assistants when we hear a voice we haven't heard in years, "Ah there's my star crossed lovers, it's been a while" the voice that always makes me cringe with fear... Plutarch was here.

"Plutarch, it sure has been a while" Peeta greets him with a handshake. Plutarch then turns to me and gives me a slight smile and walks off.

"What was that about?" I ask Peeta, still watching Plutarch walk off down the hall. "I don't know, Plutarch being Plutarch I guess"

Soon after Plutarch left we get ushered further towards the edge of the stage, I can already see the huge crowd from here. I start to panic.

"Peeta. I..I don't think I can do this" I start shaking, looking at everyone in the crowd from where we are.

"Kat. We have to do this, it'll be our last ever one" he lays his hands on my stomach, "how else are we going to announce there's another Mellark baby on the way?"

Peetas right... when is he never not right. I give him a quick peck on the lips and entwine our hands ready to walk out together.

That's when we hear the voice over that we've gotten so used to,

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage, the star crossed lovers of district 12, katniss and Peeta Mellark!"

(AN)

Well...that's it. Thankyou so much to everyone who's given my story a chance and read it. I'm not gonna lie it's not the best written thing ever but it's not bad for a 15 year old who was crap at writing and decided to write a story on her iPad just randomly. It was mainly for my fandom Instagram account  hence the really small chapters. I'm now 19 can you believe and I'm finally done with school and college, I'm ready for the big wide world and what it decides to throw at me. I may come back to this story over the summer and rewrite it and add more detail, but it all depends on my jobs.

I haven't updated my stories on here in years and idk what made me just randomly check my wattpad, but coming on to see 400+ notifications and seeing this story has had 7.7k + views was pretty shocking I'm ngl!!!

I'm hoping to update/rewrite my other stories soon as I now have free time but all depends on how this summer goes. But Thankyou again for sticking with this story.

YOU'RE ALL AMAZING!!

Frankie xxx