Chapter 15

-

Chapter 15

-

(Katniss' pov)

I can't believe I'm 5 months into my pregnancy! Peeta has been brilliant as always, he's helped me through my morning sickness and mood swings. And the best thing, he always makes me cheese buns when I'm hungry even if I'm not craving them.

"You ready?" Peeta asks me whilst going to get his coat, "ready as I'll ever be!" I reply whilst heading to the front door. Today we get to find out the sex of the baby, I have a feeling that its going to be a girl but Peeta is certain it's going to be a boy.

We walk hand in hand all the way to the doctors office, we don't have to hide it anymore since everyone found out about us, we get a few stares but we also get strangers coming up to us and congratulating us, the weirdest thing is that they always want to touch my belly...they don't even know me!

I lay down on the bed in the doctors office, and pull my top up so the doctor can do the ultrasound.

"Would you be happy if its a girl?" I whisper in his ear so the doctor doesn't near us, "Honestly, I'll be happy with any gender..as long as he/she becomes a baker" he replies giving me a little wink, this makes me laugh.

I can see the doctor fiddling with some machines, and then all of a sudden my baby's on the screen. I try to hold it in but I can't, I burst our crying at the sight of my baby, I look over at Peeta and he has a tear in his eye, I give his hand a little squeeze so he knows its all okay. "Would you like to know the gender?" The doctor ask us, "Yes please!" I tell him, "You're going to have a...girl!" The doctor tells us with a smile. A girl! "We're going to have a daughter!" Peeta tells me still crying! "Can we hear the heartbeat now?" I ask the doctor getting excited about it all, "yeah let me just turn-" he stops talking. He starts fiddling with a machine. He goes and gets another nurse. "Doctor what's happening!?" I shout at him, "Katniss, I can't find a heartbeat"...

-